New York, NY, September 11, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced today Craig Barber, Board Chair of Denny’s Franchisee Association and Co-owner of Denamic LLC (a Denny’s franchise) will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “Recent Critical Developments in Franchising Law – What You Need to Know in 2015 & Beyond Live Webcast.” This event is scheduled for Wednesday, September 16, 2015 @ 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (ET).
For further details, please visit:
About Craig Barber
W. Craig Barber worked as a Certified Public Accountant for six years with Ernst & Young prior to joining Shoney’s, Inc. in 1983. He was named Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer in 1996 with responsibilities for finance, accounting, human resources, public relations, information systems, procurement and the internally owned food distribution business serving over 1,400 restaurants.
Barber exited Shoney’s in 1997 to pursue investment and consulting opportunities within the restaurant industry, principally in turnaround and restructuring situations on behalf of private equity owners.
Barber has served as Chair of the Denny’s Franchisee Association since 2006 (and on that Board since 2003) while also serving on brand advisory councils for marketing and supply chain oversight for the Denny’s Brand.
Barber now owns, with a business partner, two Denny’s restaurants in resort destinations along with a casual dining concept with 28 units in Texas.
About Denamic LLC
Denamic owns two Denny’s restaurants that are among the top 125 highest volume restaurants in the Denny’s system. Over the last fifteen years, Barber has been involved in the leadership and oversight for up to 32 Denny’s restaurants for various private equity ownership groups.
KC Event Synopsis:
In a two hour live Webcast, a notable panel of practitioners and professionals assembled by The Knowledge Group will provide the audience with an in-depth discussion of the fundamentals as well as updates regarding the latest and significant issues surrounding this topic. The panel will also offer the audience with the current trends and best practicalities and practices in Franchising Law.
Key topics include:
· Franchising Law 2015- An Overview
· Joint Employer Developments, including recent CNN joint employer appeal to Federal Court.
· Electronic disclosure, e-signatures, and electronic filing of FDD’s and other submissions with states: A status report, legal issues, and practical advice.
· Key recent and pending changes in California franchise law
· New and continuing issues in franchise registration
· FDD disclosure pitfalls with financial projections and failure to disclose all costs borne by franchisees
· Failure to disclose rebates and other benefits to franchisor
· Employment and FSLA issues (from ACA to overtime standards for managers)
· Role of an effective franchisee association in protecting franchisees and brands
About The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress is a series of live webcasts produced by The Knowledge Group, which examine trends, regulatory, and technology changes across a variety of industries. For further details, please visit: http://theknowledgegroup.org.