London, United Kingdom, September 26, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- A One Day National Conference
Not in Education, Employment or Training
Thursday 22nd October 2015 – Central London
Chaired by Katherine Chapman, Assistant Director, UKCES
About the conference:
As the Government announce an end to the youth contract and a commitment to a new Youth Allowance, this conference offers the insight and practical guidance needed to create sustainable employment and training opportunities for NEETs.
With statistics published earlier this month revealing a rise in the number of 16-24 year old unemployed individuals, it is now crucial to evaluate strategies for supporting NEETs into employment.
Key topics covered include latest government proposals to lower youth unemployment, supporting young offenders into education or employment, establishing links with businesses and engaging those at risk through early intervention strategies.
· David Keenan, Head of Youth Skills, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
· Laura Smethurst, Mandatory Work Programmes Team Leader, DWP
· Rachel Mallaband, Traineeships Project Manager, Department for Education
· Karen Adriaanse, HMI Specialist Adviser and Ofsted’s National Adviser for Careers Guidance and Employability, Ofsted
· Garath Symonds, Assistant Director for Young People, Surrey County Council
· Chris Starling, Head of Apprenticeships, Virgin Media
· Paul Chapman, Head of Education, Vinney Green Secure Unit
· Laura-Jane Rawlings, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Youth Employment UK
· Dr Mark Dale, Principal, Portland College
· Dr Anthony Mann, Director of Policy and Research, Education and Employers Taskforce
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=NEETsOct15.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org