Kensington, MD, October 21, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Grants Management Systems, Inc. (GMS), a leading accounting, and revolving loan software for nonprofits provider announced today its partnership with University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Professor of Public Law and Government, Robert Joyce, and faculty member with the School of Public Health, Drake Maynard to host a live webinar titled The Basics of Employment Law and Human Resources Practice. The webinar will be held on Wednesday, December 2, 2015 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
“We are proud to be partnering with Robert and Drake to offer this webinar. With so many changes in laws, we recognize that our clients and those that serve in any employee relations capacity need to understand the basics surrounding employment and human resource law. This is a must attend webinar for anyone needing to sharpen their understanding,” said Donald Cassady, President and CEO of GMS.
With close to 40-years of experience in their fields, presenters Joyce and Maynard, will provide a new perspective on fundamentals surrounding employment law and human resource practice.
This webinar will help attendees understand:
- Employment at will and its implications
- The laws against employment discrimination, including disability discrimination
- The laws regulating overtime work and premium compensation
- The obligations under federal law to employees with serious health conditions or compelling family circumstances
- Techniques for letting employees know what is expected and informing employees of the bad news when expectations are not met
Joyce stated, “Lawsuits can been avoided if human resource professionals learn and practice even the basic HR laws. Many organizations put themselves in jeopardy by not requiring their employees to stay abreast of these laws. Our goal during this webinar is to give attendees a well-rounded, practical understanding of the laws in order to help them avoid making costly mistakes.”
For more information and to register for the webinar, visit www.gmsactg.com/webinars or call 800.933.3501 ext. 420.