New York, NY, October 23, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, announced today that it has scheduled a live webcast entitled: Emerging Issues: Hot Topics in Employment and Labour Law for Multinational Companies in 2015 and Beyond Live Webcast. This two-hour event is scheduled on November 12, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET.
Multinational Companies face a range of labor and employment law issues ranging from the increasing strength of global unions and corporate compliance, to data privacy and whistle-blower protection. Keeping data in the cloud increases the risk of privacy breaches, third party data handling violations, and concomitantly results in additional law suits. Many countries are considering enacting a minimum wage law. These laws will affect record keeping by multi-national companies (enacted in Germany; being considered in South Africa). Multi-nationals also are subject to international certifications and standards, multi-lateral and bi-lateral treaties, and regional directives posing a need to develop dynamic risk mitigation policies and strategies. Administrators of multi-national companies should know how to deal with these pitfalls before significant legal and reputational damages arise.
The Knowledge Group has assembled a panel of key thought leaders to provide the audience with an in-depth discussion and analysis of Hot Topics in Employment and labour Law for Multi-national Companies in 2015 and Beyond. Speakers will share important insights into avoiding risks, and will review best compliance and enforcement practices in employment and labour law.
In a two-hour live Webcast, the speakers will discuss:
- International Employment and Labour Law
- Risks for Multi-nationals
- Data Privacy, Data Breaches, and Trade Secret Theft
- E-Discovery and Privilege
- Domestic and Cross-Border Litigation
- Safe Harbour in European Union Law
- Third-Party Compliance Liability
- Expansion of Whistle-blower Rights
- Re-Emergence of Unions in the US (Volkswagen)
- Re-Emergence of Organized Labor and Social Activism
- Extension of U.S. National Relations Board Section 7 Rights
- Global Integration of Employment Practices
- Restrictions on Incentive Compensation
- China as a Global Employer
- New Minimum Wage Requirements
- Compliance and Litigation Risks
Diana J. Nehro
Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
Victoria L. Nilles
For an updated list of the faculty panel, please visit:
About The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Group brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts that study the impact of changing regulations and help businesses succeed through proper regulatory compliance.
Visit http://theknowledgegroup.org/ for further information and inquiry.