Aberdeen, NJ, October 30, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- If you love cheese, you’ve probably tried fresh mozzarella. This type of mozzarella is low in fat and has a firm but moist texture. It’s usually sold in a brine, whey or water solution to maintain its moistness. The taste is slightly acidic and milky, and the cheese is especially tasty when paired with fresh tomatoes, pesto, basil, olives and fruit. It’s also delicious when served with wine. Fall is a great time to enjoy this delicious delicacy. Here’s some inspiration from Livoti’s Old World Market in Marlboro, NJ:
- Baked ziti. Combine tube-shaped pasta, kosher salt, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Ziti is the perfect comfort food for cool nights.
- Kale, mushroom, feta and mozzarella breakfast casserole. This delicious cheese isn’t just for dinner. You can blend it with mushrooms, olive oil, kale, feta cheese, black pepper, seasoning and eggs for a delicious start to your day.
- Fresh mozzarella, heirloom tomato and basil pizza. Who can resist pizza with fresh mozzarella? Simply top fresh pizza dough with basil leaves, garlic cloves, extra-virgin olive oil, mozzarella cheese, slices of heirloom tomatoes and black pepper and kosher salt. It will be an unforgettable meal.
- Cheese-filled crepes. If you’re itching to try a sweet, cheesy recipe, consider making crepes filled with grated mozzarella cheese, ricotta and sugar.
- Mozzarella salad. When you have fresh mozzarella on hand, it’s easy to prepare a delicious salad. Just add multi-colored yellow or red heirloom cherry tomatoes, scallions, chopped parsley leaves, thinly sliced basil, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. It only takes around 15 minutes to whip up.
- Beef and sausage meatloaf with mozzarella. Believe it or not, you can add fresh this melty trest to a meatloaf recipe. Just throw it in with the ground beef, Italian sausages, fresh basil, onion, breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic cloves, oregano, tomato sauce, eggs and dry red wine.
- Cheesy pizza pull-apart bread. All you need are a loaf of bread, marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, butter, oregano and maybe even pepperoni to create a warm, cheesy treat. What about wine pairings? Fresh mozzarella tastes great with white wine, as well as fruity reds, such as Beaujolais. Be sure to avoid choosing wines that aren’t too spicy; they can overpower the aroma of the cheese.
Quality cheeses like this can be found at Livoti's Gourmet Market located at 160 Route 9 Englishtown, NJ 07726.