Abuja, Nigeria, November 14, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Some 200 mining experts will gather for the inaugural iPAD Nigeria Mining Forum in Abuja, Nigeria from 18-19 November as the industry expects to gather momentum in the near future.
The upcoming iPAD Nigeria Mining Forum in partnership with PwC Nigeria, is regarded as a long overdue strategic investment platform that will gather key role players in the Nigerian mining space to discuss the way forward. Nigeria’s vastly underexploited natural resources include about 44 varieties of minerals in over 500 locations. Attendees will include current and prospective investors, legal advisors, regulators, mining professionals and other stakeholders.
The Nigerian Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals is an official supporter of IPAD Nigeria. This week Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Dr. Kayode Fayemi as the new Minister of Solid Minerals and Mr. Istifanus Fuktur was appointed as the new Permanent Secretary.
“We are so pleased with the huge interest that the iPAD Nigeria Mining Forum has created, our conference is almost sold out,” says event director Nicole Smith. She adds: “It is clear that mining has a bright future in Nigeria and the stakeholders are ready to tackle the challenges head on and plan the way forward.”
Confirmed, top speakers in the programme will include:
• Alh. Mohammed Amate, CEO, Mining Cadastral Office, Nigeria
• Chief Loretta Anagiolu, MD, Loc Metal And Minerals Ltd, Nigeria
• Dr Innocent Ezuma, CEO, ETA Zuma, Nigeria
• Osam Iyahen, Senior Vice-President: Head of Natural Resources, African Finance Corporation (AFC), Nigeria
• Olayinka O. Mubarak, Group Head – Sold Minerals and Metals, Bank of Industry, Nigeria
• Alex Ndubuisi Nwegbu, CEO, Nigerian Geological Survey, Nigeria
• Carmie Olowoyo, General Manager-corporate, Symbol Base Metals, Australia
• Philip Andrews, Director, Pridolian, Ireland
iPAD Nigeria Mining Forum is also enjoying widespread support from the industry including the Miners Association of Nigeria as well as the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society. Silver sponsors for the event are Bank of Industry and MRI Trading, while Advocaat, Anthracyte, Banwo & Ighodalo, Carl Dave Consultants Ltd, Kian Smith Trade & Co, Natony Limited, Nigachem and SBOG have signed up as bronze sponsors.
The event is organised by Spintelligent, leading Cape Town-based trade exhibition and conference organiser, and the African office of Clarion Events Ltd, based in the UK in partnership with PwC Nigeria.
iPAD Nigeria Mining Forum dates and location:
Conference and exhibition: 18-19 November 2015
Location: Transcorp Hilton, Abuja, Nigeria