Cincinnati, OH, November 18, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Many building service contractors (BSCs) aren’t aware that they can be increasing the risk of slips and falls with how they clean, that they could be cleaning better and faster, and are missing out on revenue from offering increasingly in demand walkway safety services. To provide BSCs with the practical knowledge, training, and products to be a Walkway Safety Professional (WSP) Substratum Group has launched a 5-day course based on the Cycle of Walkway Management™ (design, plan, build, maintain, insure) developed by Substratum and incorporates the comprehensive walkway safety product line developed by SlipDoctors.
The course curriculum and fee includes:
· -Classroom instruction on the core elements on walkway safety
· -Training on how to find, quote, and sell customers walkway safety services
· -Field training on how to apply anti-slip treatments, tapes, and paints
· -Certification on use of the Regan Scientific BOT-3000E and ASM 825A
· -Hard copies of key ASTM and ANSI standards
· -Training manuals including templates, forms, spreadsheets, presentations
· -Marketing and sales supports (literature, flyers)
· -One (1) ASM 825A (BOT-3000E can be added for additional cost)
· -Initial supply of SlipDoctors anti-slip products
· -One year corporate membership to ASSE, ASTM, and NFSI
· -Training, meals, and hotel for 2 people (additional persons can be added)
“The course uses a standards-based approach to walkway safety and educates BSCs on what they need to know about how interior designers, architects, and contractors design, plan, and build facilities. A key focus is how to maintain walkways and how the BSC can help reduce walkway risk,” said David Collette, president Substratum. “We have a dense curriculum ensuring our graduates bring immediate practical value to their customers. Standards and technology to quantify walkway safety are now easily available and BSCs that don’t provide walkway safety services are at a growing disadvantage.”
Greg Cohen, president SlipDoctors notes, “The WSP course creates a revenue growth engine for BSCs. A BSC who is a WSP can differentiate themselves by providing services to customers that aid in reducing the risk and cost of slips and falls.”
The course is held at the SlipDoctors corporate office in Dallas, Texas and taught by Substratum. To download course information including cost and training agenda go to www.substratumgroup.com/WSP.
About Substratum Group
Substratum Group provides walkway management products and services. For more information visit http://www.substratumgroup.com.
SlipDoctors offers the wide range of walkway safety products including coatings, tapes, and paints. For more information visit http://www.slipdoctors.com.
For More Information Contact:
Jim Toth, Jr., vice president customer solutions