Wakefield, United Kingdom, November 21, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- With more than 25 years of experience in plant hire and sales, as well as depots in Yorkshire, Lancashire, County Durham and Lanarkshire, MTS Group was delighted to be called upon to assist in the big build project, which was the largest ever to feature on any makeover series. The project itself attracted attention from royalty, as Princes William and Harry joined MTS Group and hundreds of volunteers to bring the ambitious project to completion.
“We were very pleased when we were asked to help with the project by supplying some of our machinery, and jumped at the chance to be a part of the fantastic venture, even in this small way. It is an honour to be able to help our ex-service men and women, all of whom have given so much for us all,” said Peter Watson, Managing Director at MTS Group.
The results of the project, which saw a total of 62 derelict homes completely refurbished, were shown to the nation just last month in one of the most moving pieces of television broadcasted for quite some time. The two part programme, entitled ‘DIY SOS: The Big Build – Military Veterans Special’, documented the journey that presenter Nick Knowles and the team went on to provide new homes to a number of deserving military veterans, in what is equivalent to a small favour when compared to the sacrifices which they have made for all of us.
The TV special followed three military veterans and their families, all of whom had been affected either mentally or physically by the recent conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. The veterans were finally introduced to their new homes and the extraordinary team of workers who have donated their time, equipment and expertise to make it all possible.
“We provided a brand new Bobcat E17 mini excavator along with two dumpers for use over the course of the project. The compact 1.7T machine was ideal for the landscaping work needed in the gardens of the homes, and could easily access the narrow path behind the properties to get to where it was required. At MTS Group, we are always more than happy to assist a worthy cause, and have previously helped DIY SOS on other projects across the North of England,” concluded Peter.
Notes to editors:
· Must not be published before W/C 16th November 2015
· MTS Group consists of three outfits - MTS Plant Hire & Sales, MTS Welding Hire & Sales, and MTS Golf & Utility Vehicles
· With over 25 years of experience in the plant hire and sales industry, their experienced staff have been instrumental in leading projects and providing support across numerous industries
· The company has depots in Yorkshire, Lancashire, County Durham and Lanarkshire, and run a large hire fleet of excavators, tracked loaders, skid steer loaders, dumpers, telescopic-handlers, rollers and plant trailers
· For further information regarding MTS Group, please visit http://mtsgroupltd.co.uk/