London, United Kingdom, January 27, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Children Missing Education
Friday 26th February 2016 – Central London
Chair: Susannah Drury, Director of Policy, Research and Development, Missing People
About the conference:
This Children Missing Education Conference prepares local authorities to fulfil their statutory duties to prevent children going missing from education, protect those that do and provide services to support them back into education.
This event is timed to review progress made one year on from the updated ‘Children Missing Education’ (CME) guidance issued by the Department for Education. With increasing scrutiny from Ofsted, it is vital to ensure children are receiving full time education.
Key topics include how local authorities can work in multi-agency partnerships to identify, safeguard and provide holistic support to CME, focussing on the particularly vulnerable including those at risk of radicalisation, sexual exploitation, and running away from home.
· Keynote: Anna Feuchtwang, Chief Executive, National Children’s Bureau
· Keynote: Karen Marcroft, Head of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement, Walsall Council and Member, Performance and Inspections Subgroup, Munro Review
· Deborah Lightfoot, Independent Chair, Kingston Local Safeguarding Children’s Board
· Glyn Wright, County Inspector and Adviser for Personal Development Learning,
Hampshire County Council
· Charlotte Rowley, Senior Practitioner, Attendance and Prosecution Service,
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
· Victoria Cousins, Senior Project Manager, Safer London
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=ChildrenMissingEducationFeb16.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – email@example.com