Valletta, Malta, April 07, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- A follow up partner meeting for ILPO55 Erasmus+ was held in early March 2016 in Barcelona at the premises of IEF Institut D'Estudus Financers. The objective of the meeting was the development of tools and a sustainable framework for the employability and retention of workers aged over 55 based on concluded research and evaluation by the partners through online questionnaires, focus groups, individual interviews and country reports.
ILPO55 Erasmus+ project is being developed to address various European challenges and strategies to provide tangible tools and approaches in implementing the management for the over 55 employability of individuals, with specific reference to the Financial Services Sector. It aims to engage employees to transfer work-based competencies and experiences to the younger generation and vice versa.
In Barcelona partners had the opportunity to understand a working intergenerational initiative undertaken by the International leading Catalan Bank BancSabadell. The triple strategic plan outlined by Salvador Farres Magem, Sabadell’s Human Resources Director, should convey a significant contribution to the sustainable implementation of age management and intergenerational approaches and aims to renew the Bank by creating an international people management model based on various initiatives. The benefits in its implementation would motivate employees to become more dynamic and efficient, support the reduction of skills mismatch and enhance entrepreneurial behaviour hence enhancing optimisation of competencies and work experience.
The partners participating in the project are:
· Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology, an educational institute
· Effebi Association, an HR association based in Italy
· Institute of Banking Education NBS, based in Slovakia
· Institute of Financial Services (IFS), a tertiary level educational institute based in Malta
· Malta Union of Bank Employees, a trade union
· Mediterranean Bank Network (MBN), a banking association
· Uninettuno, a consortium of 43 Italian and foreign universities
· NIBE-SVV, an educational institute for the Dutch banking, insurance and investment sector
· IEF Spain a research, consulting and services organisation, active in the field of education and training
· ANUP-International based in Romania specialised in adult education
Further details about the project can be accessed from the links available through the Mediterranean Bank Network site.