Marlboro, NJ, April 19, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- SMARTFormulator LLC, a Marlboro, New Jersey-based developer of the SMART Formulator R&D management software and “SMART MRP” production management software, will formally unveil the software’s latest enhancements, at the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists Suppliers Day at NJ Convention and Expo Raritan Center, May 10/11. The SMARTFormulator suite offers an intuitive, fully integrated, standardized, centralized 21 CFR compliant platform enabling end-to-end information management for R&D, regulatory, quality control/testing, purchasing, and production/manufacturing. The software creates efficiencies, speeds time to market, and offers securitized role-based user access for formulation laboratories, contract manufacturers, and finished goods companies. The company will present mini demos both days in Booth 1242.
Launched in 2009, the SMART Formulator suite, designed by chemical and personal care industry executives, eliminates the use of Excel sheets, Access database, disparate applications, and use of complex technology solutions, tools that typically present inefficiencies within small to midsize laboratories and manufacturing firms. The latest major enhancements include:
● SMART Formulation Dashboard – overall views of all projects underway and easier tracking of project in various stages.
● Lab Batch & Trials (CaA) experimental trials tracking & comparison of up to 20 Trials.
● Comprehensive “Formula Regulatory Review Report (RRR)” with sections on US (CIR), EU, Canada, Australia, Japan, IFRA Regulations, CA Prop 65 (Impurities PPM calculations), Customer Preferences and Raw Material Properties and Raw Material regulatory notes.
● Gluten & GMO and Incidental indicators in Raw Materials.
● Custom Lab Batch Ticket format.
● NPA Certified Raw Materials.
● Formula Productization with Product Label, Artwork, Product Registration approvals, Product Technical specifications, PIP (Product Information Package) Checklist, PIF (Product Information File as Per EC No: 1229/229 Regulations) and active/inactive button to track product progression to facilitate & streamline production process.
● Manufacturing Dashboard
● “Consolidated/Aggregated Shortage Report” shows you a chemical & Component shortage report based on all orders/batches to efficiently assist with the raw materials procurement process.
● User-Guided Order-to-Completion system
● Complete Batch Audit-Trail with color coded activities easily provides information to any auditor. FDA audits will become a breeze.
● Easier Data Entry Screens to enter Raw Material Lots and Component Lots
● New Reports: QC Analytical Report, Batch Deviation Report, Consolidated Inventory Values Report
● Order-Based Warehouse Request/Return Module – Can request components from Warehouse more than what is required for the order; use it and send back the balance after filling back to Warehouse to either put it back into stock or send the balance back to the customer.
● Open-Ended Warehouse Request/Return Module – same as above but not tied to a specific order.
● Batch QC Inspection Record & artifacts/recording of Dispensing, Compounding, Filling and Packaging to be completely 21 CFR-Part 11 and cGMP compliant.
● Line Clearance Checklist with 21 CFR Part-11 approval screen capture before the actual batching process.
● Optional Bar Coding & Weighing scale integration.
● Cloud Based Offering or SF and SMART-MRP is now available.
Rachel Schneider, Director Business Development noted: “There is a serious misconception that small (3 - 5 person) laboratories and midsize manufacturers have no affordable software solutions and that Excel is the only choice. This is not true. We offer software that is comprehensive, includes best practices, and enables companies of every size to affordably benefit from automation, security, and better compliance capability. Plus we offer intuitive solutions that can handle formulations management from inception through production - a unique aspect. Every year we unveil the major enhancements at the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists because this is a group fully appreciating the value brought to their entire operation.”
The SMART Formulator team will present demos at the show as well as demonstrate its versatility across technology platforms like the iPad and Touchscreen. See them at Booth 1242.