New York, NY, September 01, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Marked by a consistent, easy-to-follow structure and thousands of supporting illustrations, Diagnostic Pediatric Ultrasound, recently published by Thieme, is the complete go-to reference for daily practice. It clearly shows why ultrasound is the pediatric imaging modality of first choice, offering safe, non-invasive, high-quality results that lead to an accurate diagnosis. Providing a wide range of normal reference images for comparison with pathologic findings, the book is essential for any clinician using ultrasonography in pediatric care.
• Organized, didactic chapter structure that includes a concise introduction, indications for ultrasound, examination techniques, normal anatomy and variants, measurement tables of developing organs, and descriptions of pathologic findings for every anatomic region and organ system
• Nearly 1700 high-quality images that depict all conditions in exquisite detail
• Unique Tips from the Pros that offer practical insights gained through actual clinical experience with pediatric patients
• Hundreds of current references for further reading
• Instructive ultrasound video clips available on Thieme Media Center
Complete with advice for creating a child-friendly environment, examining infants and children, communicating with parents, and diagnosing complex cases, Diagnostic Pediatric Ultrasound makes a major contribution to the field. It will increase the know-ledge and skills of all pediatric and general radiologists, radiology residents, pediatricians, and other specialists who use ultrasound to care for this sensitive population.
Diagnostic Pediatric Ultrasound
Thieme Publishers, New York/Stuttgart. 2015
660 pp, 2,025 illustrations
eBook - Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
About the Authors
Erik Beek, MD, PhD, Department of Radiology, Wilhelmina Children‘s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Rick R. van Rijn, MD, PhD, Department of Radiology, Emma Children’s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, eOtolaryngology, eSpine, Medlantis, Thieme eJournals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, and the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.