Los Angeles, CA, June 14, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Debuting in December 2015, Sugar 2.0 in less than six months has already hit supermarket shelves at Bristol Farms, Northgate Gonzalez Markets and Super King Markets. Heavyweight grocers Pavilions, Vons, Stater Brothers, Albertsons and Gelsons are set to come onboard later this year with Wal-Mart, Kroger and selected Costco club stores to follow.
Like most parents, founder Trong Nguyen was concerned about how much sugar his kids were eating every day. But unlike them, Nguyen, a Southern California food product developer, used his knowledge to address the issue in a simple yet innovative way. The result is the game-changing Sugar 2.0, a non-gmo cane sugar product with half the sugar, a third less calories and the same familiar taste and mouth feel as real sugar.
Nguyen knew there were only two alternatives. Try to eliminate sugar altogether in his home, far easier said than done. Or switch to synthetic sweeteners, whose health advantages are still being debated. Nguyen refused to use his children as guinea pigs on artificial sweeteners and fillers; besides, his children wouldn't touch it. The only realistic way to lessen the harmful effects of sugar without affecting flavor was to cut back its level of consumption by creating a reduced sugar replacement that had sugar's familiar texture, taste and versatility.
After more than two years of research, he created Sugar 2.0. The time-consuming part was finding a natural, sustainable ingredient capable of blending seamlessly with sugar while retaining its natural sweet taste. After exploring hundreds of different ingredients, Nguyen had a eureka moment and decided to use soluble fiber. This enabled Nguyen to not only remove non-essential fillers, similar to other sweeteners currently on the market, but add an important nutrient usually lacking in the typical diet.
Nguyen believes Sugar 2.0 is the next big thing- real cane sugar blended with proprietary non-gmo soluble prebiotic fiber for a synergistic taste and mouth feel. The breakthrough ingredient not only cuts sugar content in half it also enhances its nutritional value with fiber. Fiber plays an instrumental part in digestive and immune health. It also acts as a carb blocker that helps to reduce the absorption of sugar in the body. Sugar 2.0 contains no artificial ingredients or high-intensity sweeteners, meaning the bitterness and chemical aftertaste of synthetic sweeteners do not exist in Sugar 2.0.
Baking moms and dads will be happy to learn that recipes do not have to be adjusted for Sugar 2.0; it can be used like conventional sugar.
Sugar 2.0 Fast Facts
· Sugar 2.0 is made from real cane sugar and non-gmo soluble prebiotic fiber.
· Sugar 2.0 cuts sugar intake in half and enhances its nutritional value with fiber.
· Sugar 2.0 contains 2 grams of soluble fiber per teaspoon (2 grams net carbs)
· Sugar 2.0 is a 1:1 replacement for conventional sugar. 1 cup of Sugar 2.0 = 1 cup of sugar.
· Sugar 2.0 contains no artificial ingredients or high intensity sweeteners.
· Sugar 2.0 is made with non-gmo cane sugar, whereas competitors use artificial sweeteners in the form of saccharine, sucralose and aspartame to imitate the taste of real sugar. Unfortunately, they all lack the uniquely satiating effect that comes from real sugar.