London, United Kingdom, July 07, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Israel's new Engineering Namer armoured vehicles have completed their first combat drill, the Israeli MoD announced on 2nd June 2016. Held in the Golan Heights, the drill was the first time the engineering variant of the Namer armoured personnel carrier (APC) has taken part in a platoon-level Combat Engineering Battalion exercise. The vehicles crossed steep anti-tank ditches and assembled a bridge for other vehicles to cross after them. Unveiled in April, the Engineering Namer is designed to perform a range of battlefield functions, including breaching structures, crossing obstacles, clearing minefields, and towing other heavy vehicles.
(Source: IHS Jane’s 360, 3rd June 2016, ‘Israel's Engineering Namers in first exercise’)
Against this backdrop, SMi is proud to announce that Brigadier General Didi Ben Yoash, Head of Future Combat Vehicle Team, Israeli MoD, is confirmed to speak at the highly anticipated 2nd annual conference on Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability, taking place on 23rd - 24th November 2016 in London, UK. Brigadier General Didi Ben Yoash will also be joined by an array of other new Military speakers for this year’s programme, including senior procurement decision makers from US Army Europe, Canadian Army, US Army, Norwegian Army, United States Marine Corps, Danish Army Combat & Fire Support Centre, DSTL, British Army and more.
With a key focus on the technologies and concepts of operation for enhanced survivability, this unique conference will focus on the collaboration between military and industry with Mr Dan Lindell, Platform Manager, Combat Vehicles at BAE Systems Hägglunds and Dr Bryan Vaughan, Head of Materials at Lockheed Martin UK, confirmed to present their latest armoured vehicle strategies.
Military speaker added to the agenda:
• Brigadier General Didi Ben Yoash, Head of Future Combat Vehicle Team, Israeli MoD
Industry speakers confirmed includes:
• Mr Dan Lindell, Platform Manager, Combat Vehicles, BAE Systems Hägglunds
• Dr Bryan Vaughan, Head of Materials, Lockheed Martin UK
New 2016 speaker line-up also features (more speakers to follow):
• Brigadier General Markus Laubenthal, Chief of Staff, US Army Europe
• Brigadier General Derek Macaulay, Chief of Staff Army Strategy, Canadian Army
• Colonel William Nuckols, Director for Mounted Requirements, Manoeuvre Centre of Excellence, US Army
• Colonel Dag Søberg, Director Armaments Branch, Norwegian Army
• Lieutenant Colonel Mark Brown, Director Capability Integration, Manoeuvre Branch, United States Marine Corps
• Major Claus Johansen, Head of the Armoured Vehicles Study and Development Branch, Danish Army Combat & Fire Support Centre
• Colonel (retd) Mike Smith, TARDEC Science & Technology Advocate at the Manoeuvre Centre of Excellence, United States Army
• Professor Bryn James, Head of Armoured Protection, DSTL, UK
• Mr Perry Wells, Senior Project Manager, National Research Council, Canada
• Mr Piet-Jan Leerdam, Scientific Research Manager, Force Protection, TNO
• Chairman: Brigadier Simon Deakin (retd), Former Director Force Development, British Army
For further programme updates and to download the event flyer, visit http://www.favsurvivability.com/prcom