Scotland, United Kingdom, August 24, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- About the event
With recent figures estimating that 158 incidences of domestic abuse occur every day in Scotland, the Tackling Domestic Abuse Conference is opportunely timed to ensure you are equipped to prevent, identify and tackle instances of domestic abuse through effective best practice working.
Tackling domestic abuse continues to be a top priority for the Scottish Government, with £20 million of government funding being used to combat violence against women, increased electronic tagging of offenders and initiatives such as the Disclosure Scheme for Domestic Abuse Scotland.
It is vital now more than ever to explore the changing landscape of domestic abuse focusing on prevention, effective methods of multi-agency response models, and the involvement of men and boys in the national strategy approach.
Benefits of attending
· -Hear from the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and the Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland to better inform your strategy for combating domestic abuse
· -Gain insight into multi-agency working and develop best practice mechanisms for ensuring a continuation of services for victims
· -Develop an understanding of the role that children and young people play within prevention measures and the cycle of abuse
· -Build positive male role models and relationships in order to tackle abuse patterns
· -Ensure that survivors of abuse are thoroughly supported by your services
· x -Explore challenges to prosecuting offenders and create consistency through a cohesive approach to prosecution
Website - http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/public-sector-conferences/detail/article/tackling-domestic-abuse-oct-16-conference.html?code=SMMK
Download Brouch - http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=Domestic_Abuse_Oct16.pdf&code=SMMK