Houston, TX, August 28, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- What: Attorneys in the Houston office of national labor and employment law firm Fisher Phillips will present a one-day seminar, “From Start to Finish: Managing Employees Without Finishing at the Courthouse.” The seminar will prepare employers for employment law changes and challenges in 2016 and beyond.
When: Friday, September 16, 2016
Registration and Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Seminar: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Who: Anyone who manages employees and makes decisions impacting the workforce. The one-day seminar will benefit Presidents, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Human Resources professionals and In-House Counsel with labor and employment responsibility.
This program has been approved by Human Resource Certification Institute for 6.0 HRCI credit, approved by the Society of Human Resource Management for up to 6.0 hours of SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credit, and approved by the Texas State Bar for up to 6.25 hours of CLE credit.
Topics: Attorneys will cover how to mitigate the risks of lawsuits while managing employees from start to finish in six sessions.
· Hire Right: The first step toward lawsuit avoidance is to stay away from employees likely to sue you.
· Pay Right: Lawsuits for unpaid wages are a hot topic. Don’t make yourself a target.
· Manage Right: Increase the effectiveness of your coaching and avoid creating Exhibit A for your ex-employee’s lawsuit.
· Respond Right: Know the signs when being set up for a lawsuit by employee complaints, and how to be proactively managing the situation.
· Fire Right: An employee’s discharge should be the end of the relationship, not the beginning of a stroll down “Litigation Lane.”
· That’s Hot: Learn all the new ways employers are being found to violate their employees’ rights. You’ll be surprised.
Where: Hotel Sorella CityCentre
800 Sorella Court
Houston, TX 77024
For more information, visit www.fisherphillips.com/newsroom-events-from-start-to finish-houston.