PR.com: Business Directory, Press Releases, Jobs, Products, Services, Articles
 
Businesses Articles Press Releases Follow @PRcom
Press Release Pricing | News by Category | News by Country | News by US Region | Recent News | PR.com News on Your Site
 

Press Releases

 
Get Involved Company

Press Release


Receive press releases from Get Involved Company: By Email RSS Feeds:

Austin-Startup to Bring Next Generation of Fundraising to Nonprofits


Get Involved Company receives funding to bring the next-generation of crowdfunding-type campaigns to nonprofits and social good organizations. The company's all-in-one software solution enables supporters to donate money, volunteer, give wish list items, and social share so 100% of would-be supporters can get involved and the nonprofit gains on many fronts.

Washington, DC, January 06, 2017 --(PR.com)-- Austin-based startup, Get Involved Company, announces pre-seed financing from Connecttel, a software development company, to bring the next-generation of crowdfunding-type campaigns to nonprofits and social good organizations.

Get Involved Company provides software that enables nonprofits to offer crowdfunding-type campaigns on their websites to supporters. The company charges a monthly subscription fee for its Software-as-a-Service platform. Organizations create branded pages, include the link in their web site navigations, and enable supporters to personalize the template and send to friends and family.

According to co-founder Carol O’Brien, typically 50-70% of third-party crowdfunding campaigns fail to meet their objectives. That percent is even higher for charity donation-based campaigns.

O’Brien sold community SaaS-solutions to nonprofit organizations for a number of years and the primary request from her customers was for better fundraising solutions. After hearing the nonprofits’ complaints about crowdfunding campaigns, O’Brien says she researched the causes, specifically related to donation-based campaigns.

The first and most obvious challenge O’Brien found was that crowdfunding sites enable supporters to by-pass the organization and create campaigns on third-party sites with significant competition. The organization often isn’t aware of the campaign or even the supporter, and the supporter receives little to no help.

Additionally, as explained by the company’s other co-founder, Mike Wisor, “About 5% of the people reached by the supporter will donate online and other solutions fail to offer the other 95% an alternative. Our solution includes options to donate money, volunteer, give wish list items, and social share so 100% of would-be supporters can get involved and the nonprofit gains on many fronts.”

Connecttel's senior team reports being impressed with Get Involved Company’s idea and invested software development in exchange for an equity position in the startup.

Get Involved Company’s beta software is now available at getinvolvedco.com.
Contact Information
Get Involved Company
Carol O'Brien
512-721-0320
Contact
www.getinvolvedco.com

Click here to view the list of recent Press Releases from Get Involved Company
Promote Your Business