Albuquerque Coffee Roaster Startup Gives Back to New Mexico Nonprofits
Pour Vida Coffee Roasters has committed to donate a portion of its sales to local non-profits. In 2017, Pour Vida will focus on educational nonprofits in New Mexico because education has a tremendous impact on the economic and social prosperity of the state.
What Pour Vida stands for— Pour Vida is committed to being a socially responsible New Mexico-based brand. By purchasing coffee beans that are responsibly and ethically procured, Pour Vida supports sustainability and transparency in business. Pour Vida is also conscious of the needs and challenges of its local community and believes that their business success is intertwined with the success of the New Mexico community.
How Pour Vida gives - each year Pour Vida will select and partner with local nonprofits that are making positive efforts and changes within New Mexico communities.
What Pour Vida gives - selected non-profits are listed on Pour Vida’s website (http://pourvida.com/community/). If customers want to support a local nonprofit, they select one from the website. Upon the purchase of the non-profit’s coffee, Pour Vida will donate a portion of the sale to the nonprofit identified by the customer.
Pour Vida selected the following non-profits for 2017
· Mountain Mahogany Community School
· Shepherd of the Valley Preschool
· Be the Change Volunteers
· Horizons Albuquerque
About Pour Vida Coffee Roasters
As an artisan coffee roaster, Pour Vida crafts high-quality coffee and mails it to their customers within 24 hours after roasting.
· Pour Vida sources only organic & fair trade coffee beans. They strive to work with community farms rather than large distributors to ensure sustainable practices are being rewarded.
· All coffee is hand-roasted in small batches rather than the autonomous machine roasting larger producers employ.
· Pour Vida uses advanced technology to track every individual batch to make sure it meets their high-quality standards.
· Pour Vida keeps no roasted inventory, which ensures every bag they sell is as fresh as possible.
· Pour Vida is an e-commerce based business, with subscriptions and single bag purchases that allow for coffee to be delivered to your doorstep.
· Pour Vida also has a wholesale program and will hand-deliver fresh-roasted coffee to restaurants and businesses in the Albuquerque area.
Jamie Rushad Gros