New York, NY, February 09, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, announced today that it has scheduled a live webcast entitled: The Revamped SEC Administrative Enforcement Process: Balancing Out a Lopsided Warfare Live Webcast. This two-hour event is scheduled on March 01, 2017 at 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM ET.
In this Live Webcast, a panel of key thought leaders organized by The Knowledge Group will give an overview of the new rule amendments, an analysis of their advantages and a critique of their shortcomings that could form the basis of renewed due process challenges.
Key topics include:
- Background on administrative proceedings, including
- Overview of the forum and the administrative law judges (ALJs) who oversee the hearings
- Similarities and differences to federal court jury trial
- Recent expansions to the jurisdiction of the forum under Dodd-Frank
- Recent challenges to the constitutionality of ALJ hiring process based on Appointments Clause
- Circuit split resulting from post-hearing challenges
- Possible Supreme Court review and revisiting of Free Enterprise Fund v. PCAOB
- Recent amendments to the SEC Rules of Practice, including additional pre-hearing discovery
- Possible adjustments to use of the forum under new SEC leadership
- Defense strategies for success in administrative proceedings
Deborah R. Meshulam
Peter I. Altman
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
For an updated list of the faculty panel, please visit:
About The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Group brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts that study the impact of changing regulations and help businesses succeed through proper regulatory compliance.
Visit http://theknowledgegroup.org/ for further information and inquiry.