Coimbatore, India, May 29, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Pricol Technologies Experts performed CFD analysis of an external gear pump used in automotive industry. Areas covered were modeling, dynamic meshing, and transient simulation & performance prediction of an oil pump.
The pivotal portions of the analysis builds on:-
· Virtual Validation as part of Product Design Cycle
· Theoretical Pump Displacement Calculation
· CFD Simulation Methodology
· Pump Performance Prediction
-It was observed from the CFD simulation that leakage is more when pump clearances are more and hence pump efficiency is very less.
-The expert CFD analysis was aimed at being value addition and cost reduction to design & develop gear pump concurrent with CFD simulation.
- The analysis leveraged variations in design parameters through the Dynamic Meshing approach was studied to predict the performance curve.
- The pump volumetric efficiency predicted by CFD was then compared with theoretical calculation.
The team handled challenges like maintaining minimum clearances, transient flow phenomenon, mesh quality, and performance parameters.
In conclusion: The performance of an external gear pump was studied. The findings could be leveraged for value addition and cost reduction concurrent with CFD simulation.
Read more at www.pricoltech.com/performance-study-external-gear-pump-using-cfd-analysis/
About Pricol Technologies and CFD
Pricol Technologies possesses proven CFD expertise. We have developed and continue to update our knowledge and skill sets. For example our perusal of OpenFoam toward bench-marking has been a highly effective and no-investment practice.
1. Organizational experience and our in-house resources: our CFD expertise is achieved through balancing the focus on technology and the engineers who handle the technologies.
2. Comprehensive and concise: We take a project-specific approach and also record
3. Meticulous documentation: we do technical writing and publishing. A dedicated team of highly experienced engineers author technical documents at Pricol.
Passive safety in automotive, design optimization in industrial plumbing, verification and validation of modeled data, to design optimization of HVAC systems, and more......
1. Implementation driven by best practices: each industry and vertical has their set of mandated, proven methods that facilitate success. Our engineers have the cross industry and cross vertical exposure to put the best guidelines into practice.
2. Verification and validation: Uncertainty and errors are an integral part of any computational model. We ensure both are mitigated thorough V&V.
3. And more: Modeling, simulations, and highly specific analysis et al.