Alexandria, VA, June 07, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- On July 18 & 19, Defense Strategies Institute will bring together personnel from DoD, Military Services, Federal Agencies, Academia, and Industry at the Advanced Materials for Defense Summit. This summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. Discussions will revolve around this year’s theme of “Leveraging Advanced Materials and Processes to Strengthen America's Defense."
Speaker Sessions will Include:
* Lieutenant General John B. Cooper, USAF, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force to provide keynote remarks on the developing engineering and manufacturing capabilities to support Global Logistics Operations.
* BG PottsBG Anthony Potts, USA, Deputy Commanding General, RDECOM will provide perspective on enabling command through the development & delivery of advanced materials and 3D printing processes.
* Dr. John G. (Jerry) McGinn, Acting DASD, Manufacturing and Industrial Base Policy, OUSD AT&L to discuss the efforts closing gaps in manufacturing capabilities for affordable sustainment of Defense Systems.
* Gregory Kilchenstein, Director, Enterprise Maintenance Technology, ODASD Maintenance Policy and Programs will speak on Maintenance Policy and Program's efforts to utilize advanced materials and manufacturing processes to overcome key logistics supply chain challenges.
* Dr. Mark VanLandingham, Division Chief, Materials and Manufacturing Science, U.S. Army Research Laboratory will describe the efforts to enhance the structural efficiency and systems performance of advanced platform structures through utilization of advanced materials.
* Michael Silver, CEO, American Elements to discuss advanced materials' challenges to the defense industry supply chain in the 21st century.
They welcome any questions that this group’s members may like to have posed during the panel discussion: questions should align with the topics of the sessions.
Additional Key Topics for This Year's Summit
- Materials Processes for Increased Platform Survivability and Life Extension
- Increasing Affordability of Military Equipment through Adoption of Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Materials Development for Use in Extreme Environments
- Developing Civil Engineering Capabilities for Enhanced Force Protection and Sustainment
- Leveraging Advanced Materials to Meet the Size, Weight, and Power Needed Without Sacrificing Performance
- Integrating Materials Development Methodology Guided by Platform-Level Design Intent
- Advancing ICME Capabilities for Accelerated Material Discovery and Development
- Developing Best Practices in the Management of Materials Data
Anyone interested in sending questions for the panel discussion or for any other speaker/topic of the summit, please contact Morgan at email@example.com, 1-201-266-0058
For more information: http://materials.dsigroup.org/