Victoria, Canada, February 14, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Young students today have access to a wide range of online tools, programs and resources to make learning fun and effective. But even though they now live in a digital world of laptops, iPods and cell phones, Wayne Poncia, CEO of Etraffic Solutions, says some of the best tools they can use are study tips that have been around since long before the first computers entered the classroom.
Victoria-based Etraffic Solutions builds and produces a variety of unique learning resources for clients around the world, including websites, elearning content, online assessment, instructional animations, online games, interactive features, print textbooks, and workbooks that make learning more accessible, more affordable and more relevant to today’s students.
“The computer is an incredibly powerful study tool,” said Poncia. “That said, using it wisely and incorporating good study and time management habits are key to helping your child get the most out of their online study time.”
Top 10 Study Tips for Students
1. Budget some time every day to do a little studying.
2. The best time to study is right after school when you are rested and alert.
3. Find a good place to study. The ideal environment is one away from distractions.
4. Read through and understand the whole assignment before you start.
5. Organize your notes and use them. Consider retyping them.
6. Quiz yourself to help build confidence.
7. Take a short break if you’re having trouble concentrating.
8. If necessary, ask your teacher for help.
9. Consider studying in a group with classmates to make studying more fun.
10. Reward yourself after studying.
In an effort to assist all students to efficiently study and source quality content from the Web, Etraffic Solutions this week launched a free website for students at www.skoolwax.com.
Etraffic Solution’s educational resources are 100% aligned with British Columbia’s curriculum and incorporate the province’s unique geography and history into its content. Each course can accommodate classrooms with a variety of media and students with a range of skill levels. For more information about Etraffic Solutions, visit www.etrafficsolutions.com or www.etrafficsolutions.com/sustainability