London, United Kingdom, June 23, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Senior programme managers from procurement and future land requirements as well as leading solution providers will meet at SMi Group’s 3rd annual Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability taking place in London on 14th -16th November 2017.
As the only meeting of its kind solely dedicated to this capability area, this focused conference aims to deliver a strong emphasis on emerging technologies and how these might be leveraged. As well as hearing the perspectives of senior programme managers from procurement and future land requirements, the meeting aims to ensure thorough participation from the leading solution providers currently at the forefront of innovation in the survivability space.
Importantly, a key differentiator this year will be a dedicated pre-conference focus day on Active Protection System covering soft/hard kill active protection in detail. The three-day programme will cover the core areas of survivability in detail, exploring the latest platforms, vehicle architectures, passive/active protection, mobility, counter-IED, EW, un-manned/autonomous solutions, signature management and much more.
Featured speakers will include: Advanced Blast and Ballistic Systems, ARTEC GmbH, British Army, Bundeswehr Technical Centre for Protective and Special Technologies, Czech Military Research Institute, Danish Defence and Acquisition Organisation, DSTL, German Army, IMI Systems, IMP Castle Associates Limited, Israeli MoD, Krauss Maffei Wegmann, Lockheed Martin UK, NATO, Pearson Engineering, SOUCY DEFENSE, Swedish Defence Research Agency, TNO, United States Army, United States Marine Corps, US Army, UTC Aerospace Systems and Vetronics Research Centre
What’s new for 2017:
- National capability development updates from the British Army, DSTL, US Army, German Army, US Marine Corps and many more
- A key focus on the technology that goes into providing enhanced protection. Hear from industry leaders, including ARTEC, IMI Systems, KMW and Lockheed Martin,
- A pre-conference focus day exploring the development and integration of hard/soft kill active protection systems (APS)
The notable speaker panel will include:
- Brigadier (ret) Ian Cameron-Mowat, Former Head of Force Protection, Director, IMP Castle Associates Limited
- Mr Donald Sando, Director, Capabilities, Development and Integration, Manoeuvre Centre of Excellence, United States Army
- Colonel William Nuckols, Director, Mounted Requirements Manoeuvre Centre of Excellence, US Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Paddy Bond, Commanding Officer, Armoured Trials and Development Unit, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Andy Simpson, SO1 Fighting Vehicle Systems, Platforms Division, DSTL
- Lieutenant Colonel Karl Heinz Boenke, Team Leader, Infantry Concepts and Mobility, Army Concepts and Capabilities Development Centre, German Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Eike Sinzig, Team Leader, Infantry Concepts and Mobility, Army Concepts and Capabilities Development Centre, German Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Gunter Chladek, Section Chief, Land, Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff, NATO
- Professor Bryn James, Head of Armour and Protection, DSTL
- Mr Guenter Fuchs, Head of Section, Indirect Protection, Bundeswehr Technical Centre for Protective and Special Technologies
- Mr Jeff Koshko, Associate Director, Ground Vehicle Survivability&Protection, Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Centre, United States Army
- Dr Carsten Weidner, Research & Technology Coordinator, Signature Management, Bundeswehr Technical Centre for Protective and Special Technologies
- Dr Hans Kariis, Deputy Director, Department of Signature Management and Electro Optics, Swedish Defence Research Agency
For those who are looking to attend, there is a £300 early bird offer available online ending on the 30th June 2017.
Further information is available at online at: http://www.favsurvivability.com/prcom
3rd Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability
14th – 16th November 2017
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
Media: Contact Theresa Chung on email@example.com
Booking: Contact Andrew Gibbons on firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk