Alexandria, VA, August 16, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- On October 17-18, 2017, senior leaders within the DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies, industry and academia will convene in Alexandria, VA, for two days of off the record briefings and informal discussions at Defense Strategies Institute’s 13th DoD/VA & Gov Health IT Summit.
Advances in information technology have vastly accelerated our ability to collect data, analyze it, and apply that data to better support informed decision making. It is through the realization of these IT technologies and strategies that we are able to directly benefit the patient’s future healthcare outcomes. The 2017 October Health IT Summit provides a forum for attendees to discuss & exchange valuable information on the current and prospective efforts to use IT technologies and informatics strategies for an improved and data driven, patient centered Military healthcare system. To this end, the summit will offer over 16 diverse senior leader speakers including:
* Dr. Poonam L. Alaigh, Acting Under Secretary for Health, VA
* Dr. Paul R. Cordts, SES, Electronic Health Record Functional Champion, MHS, DHA
* Dr. Paul Tibbits, DCIO, Architecture, Strategy and Design, OI&T, VA
* CAPT James Ellzy, USN, Deputy PEO, Defense Health Management Systems
* Dr. Jennifer MacDonald, Director of Clinical Innovations and Education, VHA
* Justin Sweetman, Director, Market Analysis & Evaluation, National Capital Medical Region
This Year’s Topics Include:
- VA EHR Modernization
- Integrating MHS Genesis throughout MHS
- Utilizing Big Data to Improve Population Health Tracking and Alerting
- Integrating Health Business Strategies for Improved Organizational Performance
- Innovative Data Analytics and Clinical Informatics Strategies
- Developing Enhanced HIT Infrastructures and Standards
- Cyber Security for Patient Health Information and Medical Devices
- Developing Strategies for Greater Health Information Exchange and Data Accessibility
Seating is limited –
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Early Registration has now begun. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and State personnel attend complimentary.
Anyone interested in participating in the 13th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit can visit Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://healthit.dsigroup.org/ for more information or contact Morgan at email@example.com, 1-201-266-0058
*The summit is neither officially endorsed nor sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.
**Summit is closed to press / No recordings**