Alexandria, VA, September 15, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Advances in information technology have vastly accelerated our ability to collect, analyze, and apply data to better support informed healthcare decision making. Data captured in the healthcare setting and across the healthcare ecosystem is being directly utilized to provide accurate and well-documented treatment options, which in turn positively impacts patient care delivery, health outcomes and business operations. To ensure that this information is being delivered as accurately & efficiently as possible, organizations are developing better methods to leverage data to better support this venture.
To that end, DSI’s DoD/VA and Health IT Summit will focus on the development and interoperability of information technology for the federal healthcare enterprise. As new technology advances the resources and quality of care that are available to clinicians and patients, challenges are created for these technologies to work together with different government agencies as well as the private sector.
The summit will offer over 16 diverse sessions, to include:
* Advancing Health Efforts at VA to Improve the Quality of Veterans Care
Speaker: Dr. Poonam L. Alaigh, Acting Under Secretary for Health, VA
* Developing Quality Improvements to the MHS through Utilization of MHS Genesis
Speaker: Dr. Paul R. Cordts, SES, Electronic Health Record Functional Champion MHS, DHA
* Addressing the Risks & Limitations of Monolithic IT Architectures for Changing Business Needs at OI&T
Speaker: Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, DCIO, Architecture, Strategy and Design, OI&T, VA
* Driving Medical Research, Development, and Acquisition to Meet the Army’s Health Needs on the Battlefield
Speaker: Dr. Kenneth Bertram, SES, Principal Assistant for Acquisition, U.S. Army Medical Research & Materiel Command
* Transforming the Delivery and Accessibility of Healthcare through MHS Genesis
Speaker: CAPT James Ellzy, USN, Deputy PEO, Defense Health Management Systems
* VA EHRM Panel Discussion: "Managing VA EHR Modernization Efforts to Support Seamless Care for Veterans"
The 2017 summit features members from the VA Electronic Health Record Modernization PEO that will address the most up-to-date transformative efforts underway at the VA to move toward a single common system by adopting a modernized EHR systems. The EHRM PEO members will provide updates on the plans to transition to a state-of-the-market EHR solution, as well as the overall impact of EHR modernization at the VA.
- CAPT John Windom, USN, Program Officer, VA EHRM PEO
- Dr. Ashwini Zenooz, Chief Medical Office, VA EHRM PEO
- John Short, Chief Technical Officer, VA EHRM PEO
Seating is limited –
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Early Registration has now begun. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and State personnel attend complimentary.
Anyone interested in participating in the 13th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit can visit Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://healthit.dsigroup.org/ for more information or contact Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-201-266-0058
*The summit is neither officially endorsed nor sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.
**Summit is closed to press / No recordings**