San Jose, CA, September 16, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Sportlytix today released its 2017 NHL Expansion Draft Analysis. To initiate the study, Sportlytix gathered over 300 fan-generated mock expansion drafts that met all the NHL-dictated rules and constraints. The Expansion Draft was examined along four dimensions:
· Assessment of the accuracy of the mock drafts
· Investigation of the Golden Knights’ strategy
· Exploration of the various strategies of the 30 incumbent teams
· Possible next steps for the 30 incumbent teams.
Some of the takeaways include:
· The mock drafts were surprisingly accurate in many cases
· Simple metrics can indicate beforehand whether / when the mock draft picks will hit or miss
· Trades and side deals had a surprisingly large impact on the draft
· The willingness of the Golden Knights to absorb large veteran contracts benefited a number of teams
· Going forward, sports organizations can benefit from studying the strategies and outcomes of this singular event.
The entire report is available on the Sportlytix website (http://www.sportlytix.com/#analysis).
About Sportlytix –
Sportlytix (http://www.sportlytix.com) was established to address high-level, high-impact decisions facing the Sports Industry. With broad-based analytics capabilities, Sportlytix specializes in those decisions that make a difference in the win-loss column.