Alexandria, VA, September 25, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- An insider threat comes from people within the organization, such as employees, former employees, contractors or business associates, who have inside information concerning the organization's security practices, data and computer systems. These threats are, as the name suggests, internal in nature and focus on trusted employees or contactors. This Symposium will focus on how to counter these threats. The solutions are both technical, including monitoring software and increased data security; as well as human, such as enhanced screening processes and behavioral analytics. Many agencies are working to stand up their insider threat programs and are learning how to identify, contain, and combat insider threat.
Discussions at DSI’s October Insider Threat Symposium will revolve around the various opportunities and challenges that the IC, DoD, and private industry face as they develop and integrate insider threat programs into their organizations. Senior leaders within the IC, DoD, Federal Agencies, Private Industry, and Academia will convene in Alexandria, VA, for two days of off the record briefings and informal discussions that will examine successful programs, challenges in setting up programs, legal issues that insider threat programs face, and the latest analytics methods being utilized to identify insider threats.
To this end, the summit will offer over 15 sessions with 22 diverse senior leader speaker including:
* Keynote: Protecting the Nation from Intelligence and Security Threats
- Speaker: William Evanina, National Counterintelligence Executive, Director, NCSC
* Keynote: Establishing Effective Insider Threat Programs Across DoD
- Speaker: Dr. Brad Millick, Director for Insider Threat, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence
* DoD Insider Threat Management and Analysis Center: Creating a DoD Enterprise Hub to Combat Insider Threat
- Speaker: Michael Seage, Director, DoD Insider Threat Management Analysis Center
* Leveraging Identity & Access Management to Support Insider Threat Efforts Across DoD
Speaker: Michael Sorrento, Director, Defense Manpower Data Center
* Insider Threat Program Successes Panel
- Panel Moderator: R. Wayne Belk, Director, National Insider Threat Task Force
- Panelist: Doug Thomas, Director, Counterintelligence Operations & Investigations, Lockheed Martin
- Panelist: Terrance McCall, Chief, Insider Threat Group, DIA
- Panelist: Mark McClain, Director, Global Security & Insider Trust, Walmart Stores Inc.
- Panelist: Neil Carmichael, Jr., Director, Insider Threat Program Office of the Chief Operating Officer National Archives and Records Administration
DSI welcomes any questions to have posed during the forum: questions should align with the topics of the sessions.
Seating is limited –
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and State personnel attend complimentary. Those interested in participating in the 2017 Insider Threat Symposium can visit Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://insiderthreat.dsigroup.org/
Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions contact Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-201-266-0058.
**Summit is Closed to Press / No Recordings**