London, United Kingdom, November 01, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Conference organisers SMi Group have released a brochure for the upcoming, 4th annual Future Soldier Technology conference, returning to London, UK on the 13th and 14th March 2018.
Building on the successes of last year’s meeting, Future Soldier Technology 2018 will also include a dedicated pre-conference focus day on Dismounted Soldier Situational Awareness, on 12th March 2018.
Future soldier programmes continue to be critically important for dismounted infantry operations around the world. As militaries are expected to operate in a diverse range of environments – from artic to urban landscapes – developing the materials, technologies and systems that enable soldiers to survive and thrive has become ever more important.
As the only meeting solely dedicated to enhancing soldier modernisation programmes, Future Soldier Technology 2018 will provide a unique opportunity to see how soldier modernisation programmes from around the world are exploiting the next generation of infantry equipment, such as night vision optics and Lithium-ion batteries, to transform dismounted operations.
This important three-day event will explore key areas for development, such as: survivability, lethality, power, mobility and night vision. Along with human factors and ergonomics (balancing the size, weight and power of equipment), and much more.
Featured Topics Include:
1) Brigadier James Daniel, Head of Soldier Training and Equipment, British Army
Briefing on: Developing the Agile and Versatile Infantry Forces of the Future Through Revolutionary Soldier Systems
· Current work within the DE&S to develop communication solutions for non-mechanised infantry forces and how they are integrated into the wider network
· Optimising power usage within soldier technologies to give infantry a battlefield edge for longer
· Work within the Special Projects Search and Countermeasures (SPCS) to deliver unmanned ground vehicles to support warfighter situational awareness
· Reducing soldier carry through technological and material innovations to increase troop mobility and agility
2) Dr Karl-Heinz Rippert, Section head for IDZ-Es, BAAINBw
Briefing on: Integrating Cyber Security into Soldier Systems to Optimise Operational Capability
· Building an integrated and ergonomic soldier system with IT-security developed within the realization phase of two different soldier systems
· Generate network enabled capability with tactical data links, C4i, optronics and sensor systems
· Looking forward: working to next generation of soldier systems with open architecture standards to build interoperability within coalition partners and further promote standardised cyber protection networks
3) Colonel Marc Espitalier, Capacity Development Director, French Army
Briefing on: Lessons Learned from FELIN to Pave the Way for the Next Generation
· Enhanced Dismounted Soldier
· FELIN: a global system, drawbacks and success
· What Next?
· Mounted and dismounted, different technological challenges.
· Technology acceptance for infantry men
· Dismounted soldier and collaborative fight project
Plus 15 more senior experts to present from the military, procurement and research for dismounted soldier programmes.
The full agenda/brochure is now available to download for free from the event website at: http://www.futuresoldiertechnology.com/prcom
For those looking to attend; register online by Friday 30th November to save £400.
Future Soldier Technology 2018
Focus day: 12th March 2018
Conference: 13th and 14th March 2018
Lead Sponsor: GMRE Inc
Sponsored by: Fischer Connectors, Onmetics, Revision Military & TT Electronics
For information on exhibiting or sponsoring: Contact Sadia Malick on: +44 (0) 20 7827 6748
Booking information: Contact Andrew Gibbons on firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk