Plymouth, MA, February 25, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Dr. Richard Eisen and Dr. Ramzi Saad, dermatologists at South Shore Skin Center, advise folks about skin treatments that should be performed during the winter months.
The doctors warn of several cosmetic and anti-aging skin treatments where sun exposure should be avoided during and immediately following treatment sessions:
• IPL (Intensive Pulse Light) Photorejuvenation Treatments that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation disorders and broken blood vessels.
• Photodynamic Therapy with IPL (and Levulan), addresses aging skin, Melasma, photorejuvenation or pigment problems and is done in a series of three to five treatments.
• Laser Hair Removal, which is an extremely effective method for long term reduction of unwanted hair. It should be done before bathing suit season begins.
• Gentle YAG Treatments for spider veins. Healing time is quick; there is little discoloration at the treatment site and fewer treatments are needed than with traditional laser therapy.
• Tattoo Removal, which is done with a laser that delivers light pulses to the tattoo to break up the pigment. This procedure is done in eight or fewer treatment sessions that last between five to 20 minutes.
“It is imperative that patients avoid sun exposure during the time between treatment sessions as well as immediately after these treatments so as to avoid adverse effects on the skin,” noted Drs. Eisen and Saad.
Patients should speak with their doctor in order to determine how long to wait before skin is exposed to the sun.
For more information, contact South Shore Skin Center’s Cohasset (781) 383-3340 or Plymouth office (508) 747-0711.
South Shore Skin Center
Founded in 1984, South Shore Skin Center is one of Massachusetts’ most progressive dermatology practices offering a wide range of medical, surgical and cosmetic services.
Cosmetic services include Gentle YAG, innovative Laser, IPL (Intensive Pulse Light), Thermage and treatments for age spots, acne scarring, birth marks, tattoos and more. South Shore Skin Center offers a full range of affordable anti-aging services including Botox, wrinkle fillers, Microdermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing, QuickLift and chemical peels.
South Shore Skin Center offices are located at 223 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Suite 202 in Cohasset, Mass. (781) 383-3340, and 45 Resnik Road, Suite 102 in Plymouth, Mass., (508) 747-0711. For more information, visit their website at www.southshoreskincenter.com.