New York, NY, November 22, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced today that Marc L. Roark, Professor of Law, Savannah Law School will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “UCC Secured Transactions: Fundamentals, Rules and Enforcement Issues Explored.” This event is scheduled for December 12, 2017 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM (ET).
For further details, please visit:
About Marc L. Roark
Marc Roark is professor at Savannah Law School. He teaches and writes in the areas of Property, Housing, Commercial Law, and Payments Law. He has published articles in the Duke Law and Tech Review, Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy, St. Johns Law Review and others. He is also Co-Author of Color Me Secured, a coloring book on Secured Transactions and is author of a forthcoming book from Cambridge University Press on Housing.
1. Limited Sales Warranties as an Alternative to Intellectual Property: An Empirical Analysis of the Deterrent impact on consumers of the I-Phone Warranties, Duke L & Tech. Rev. (Fall 2010).
2. Groping Along Between Things Real and Things Personal: Defining Fixtures in law and Policy in the UCC, 78 U. Cincinnati L. Rev. 1437 (2010).
3. The Real Property Interest in the UCC: Fixtures and Encumbrances, 42 UCC L. J. 197 (2010).
4. Payment Systems, Consumer Tragedy, and Ineffective Remedies, forthcoming in 88 St. Johns L. Rev. 39 (2014).
Secured transactions are an important feature of the US law and economy. The rules set forth by the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) that harmonizes the law of sales and other commercial transactions across the United States, assure lenders of legal protection in case of problems, which in turn encourages lower interest rates for borrowers.
Join a panel of key thought leaders and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group as they bring the audience to a road beyond the basics of the Uniform Commercial Code and as they delve into an in-depth analysis of the recent updates and enforcement issues involving UCC secured transactions. Speakers will also provide the audience with practical strategies for enforcement while overcoming legal issues and pitfalls.
In this live webcast, the speakers will discuss:
· UCC Article 9
- Legal Overview
- Recent Amendments
· UCC and the US Copyright Act - Illustrative Example
- Motion Picture Area, including under National Peregrine Case
· Requirements for Security Agreement
· Perfection and Priority Rules
· Lessons from Significant Court Decisions
· Pitfalls Encountered when Competing Liens and Hidden Liens
· Best Practices
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format. To contact or register to an event, please visit: www.knowledgecongress.org.