London, United Kingdom, January 10, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- SMi’s Unmanned Maritime Systems returns to London for its 2nd successful year, on 16th and 17th May 2018. SMi has recognised that there is a continuing need to consider how unmanned platforms will be integrated into the fleets of the future. Mixing the new "information exploitation" techniques with a new generation of autonomous systems, navies are building strategic advantage by using these platforms for ISR, mine clearance and delivering lethal capability.
The two-day conference will build on the momentum last year’s conference and the Royal Navy’s exercise Unmanned Warrior have generated within the naval community. As autonomous systems – ranging from aerial drones to underwater submarines – continue to be developed as a solution to the operational requirements of maritime forces, unmanned systems are employed to tackle problems such as mine clearance – without any threat to frontline human personnel.
Benefits of Attending:
1. Listen to keynote briefings from senior flag officers within the Royal Navy such as Rear Admiral Keith Blount, Assistant Chief of Naval Staff, Aviation, Amphibious Capability and Carries and Rear Admiral Tim Lowe, National Hydrographer
2. Hear from senior naval officials from the Royal Navy, EUNAVFOR, Belgium and Germany on the latest advancements in unmanned technology
3. Learn how Unmanned Maritime Systems are changing the nature of warfare above and below the water
4. Gain access to key military stakeholders all seeking to develop their maritime capabilities within dedicated solutions zones where cutting edge unmanned, and autonomous technologies will be showcased
5. Discuss topics focused around key platforms and capabilities from UUVs for Mine Counter Measures to USVs for Anti-Surface Warfare
Top Military Speakers:
· Rear Admiral Keith Blount, Assistant Chief of the Naval Staff Aviation, Amphibious Capability and Carriers, Royal Navy
· Rear Admiral Alfonso Pérez de Nanclares, Deputy Operation Commander European Union Naval Force Somalia, Spanish Navy
· Rear Admiral Tim Lowe, National Hydrographer, UK Hydrographic Office
· Captain Kevin Quarderer, Commanding Officer, ONR Global
· Commander Jamie Sayer, Unmanned Air Systems – Mini Class TAA, Royal Navy
There is currently a £400 early bird registration discount for bookings made by 31st January visit www.umsconference.com/prcom for more details.
Helicopter Technology Central Eastern Europe
23rd-24th May 2018
Prague, Czech Republic
For sponsorship and exhibition queries please contact Justin Predescu on email@example.com . For delegate queries please contact James Hitchen on firstname.lastname@example.org For media queries please contact Natasha Boumediene at email@example.com.
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk