London, United Kingdom, February 07, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Leonardo to head EU research program on unmanned naval systems. The first research project to be carried out by the European Union’s new defence fund will cover unmanned naval systems and be led by Italy’s Leonardo. The team set to work on the "OCEAN2020" project comprises 42 firms from 15 countries and beat off a rival bid during the contest, which was run by the European Defence Agency.
"OCEAN2020 will see unmanned platforms of different type (fixed wing, rotary wing, surface and underwater) integrated with naval units’ command and control centres, allowing for data exchange via satellite, with command and control centres on land,” Leonardo said in a statement.
“The joint and cooperative use of both manned and unmanned vehicles will also be demonstrated as part of the project,” it added.
SMi is delighted to welcome Leonardo as Gold Sponsor for Unmanned Maritime Systems conference taking place in London on 16th and 17th May 2018. Leonardo will be sponsoring, presenting and exhibiting at the two-day conference.
The event will build on the momentum last year’s conference, and the Royal Navy’s exercise Unmanned Warrior have generated within the naval community. As autonomous systems – ranging from aerial drones to underwater submarines – continue to be developed as a solution to the operational requirements of maritime forces, unmanned systems are employed to tackle problems such as mine clearance – without any threat to frontline human personnel.
Benefits Of Attending:
1. Listen to keynote briefings from senior flag officers within the Royal Navy such as Rear Admiral Keith Blount, Assistant Chief of Naval Staff, Aviation, Amphibious Capability and Carries and Rear Admiral Tim Lowe, National Hydrographer
2. Hear from senior naval officials from the Royal Navy, EUNAVFOR, Belgium and Germany on the latest advancements in unmanned technology
3. Learn how Unmanned Maritime Systems are changing the nature of warfare above and below the water
4. Gain access to key military stakeholders all seeking to develop their maritime capabilities within dedicated solutions zones where cutting edge unmanned, and autonomous technologies will be showcased
5. Discuss topics focused around key platforms and capabilities from UUVs for Mine Counter Measures to USVs for Anti-Surface Warfare
There is currently a £200 early bird registration discount for bookings made by 28th February visitwww.umsconference.com/prcom for more details.
Unmanned Maritime Systems
16th-17th May 2018
For sponsorship and exhibition queries please contact Justin Predescu on email@example.com . For delegate queries please contact James Hitchen on firstname.lastname@example.org For media queries please contact Natasha Boumediene at email@example.com.
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk