London, United Kingdom, March 07, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- SMi presents the 13th annual Military Space and Situational Awareness (SSA) conference, which will be taking place in London on the 25th and 26th April 2018.
Key military, government, civilian and industry stakeholders will be speaking at the conference and discussing how various Space Situational Awareness (SSA) strategies can be implemented to battle the growing concern of active satellites, space junk and debris crowding the space domain.
Key SSA issues were raised in the news last month, as a United Nations committee announced that it had “reached agreement last week on nine guidelines intended to reduce the risk of collisions in space and other harmful space activities.”
Top decision makers from UK Space Agency, U.S. Strategic Command, US Air Force, French MoD, Ministry of Defence Germany and many more, will be presenting high level briefings on the issues surrounding SSA at the conference.
Colin Armstrong, Head of Space Security Policy, UK Space Agency presenting “Creating an Effective Space Security Structure for the UK’s Civilian and Military Space Assets.”
· The importance of ensuring comprehensive SSA capabilities in line with UK Spaceflight Bill aspirations
· Ensuring safety through advanced space technologies
Brigadier (AF) Jean-Pascal Breton, Commander, French Joint Space Command, French MoD presenting “Priority Number One for Joint Space Command: Enhancing SSA Capabilities to Ensure the Security of all Space Systems.”
· Ensuring access to robust, resilient and flexible capabilities through sovereign, allied and commercial space systems to protect space systems
· Fulfilling capability gaps to better protect space assets: enhancing GRAVES and the development of pre-C2 space surveillance capability
· Developing the standard of SSA service to enhance support for military operations
· Plans for future development of next-generation space capabilities
· Cooperation with allies in a united approach to SSA- the European SST initiative
Panel Discussion: Space Situational Awareness: Solely a Military Responsibility?
· Identifying common needs and challenges
· Preparing for the commercial era of space
· Leading the way on next-generation technologies (civilian and government cooperation)
There is a brochure available to download which include the full agenda and speaker line-up, at: http://www.military-space.com/pr
13th annual Military Space and Situational Awareness Conference
25 - 26 April 2018
Copthorne Tara Hotel, Kensington, London, UK
Gold Sponsor: ExoAnalytics
Sponsors: Applied Defense Solutions Inc., Baader Planetarium GMBH, L3 Technology
For sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, contact Sadia Malick on +44 (0) 20 7827 6748 or email email@example.com
For delegate enquiries, contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 20 7827 6054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk