Lonodon, United Kingdom, March 17, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- SMi reports: Antimicrobial resistance was predicted by Alexander Fleming in his Nobel lecture (1945). Since that warning, measures have been taken in acknowledgement of the threat of AMR, but tackling this issue is still an ongoing battle. On the global scale WHO has been the most instrumental body to take action. SMi Group is proud to be part of the fight with the Superbugs & Superdrugs Conference. Now in its 20th year, the event has firmly become established as the industry's premier platform for updates on antimicrobial resistance research, funding and incentives.
Conference is taking place in London on 19 - 20 March. To join and be a part of the global force head on to Superbugs & Superdrugs website to book your attendance http://www.superbugssuperdrugs.com/prcom.
-Analyse the current status of antimicrobial resistance with industry led insight into current strategies to tackle AMR
· Jean-Pierre Paccaud, Director of Business Development at GARDP, Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) - Day 1, 9:15
· Steve Holden, Medical Adviser, MSD - Day 1, 10:35
Hear exclusive case studies from a selection of pharmaceutical companies on clinical progress
· Conrad Lichtenstein, CSO, Nemesis bioscience - Day 1, 12:15
· David Brown, Managing Director and Founder, Alchemy Biomedical Consulting - Day 1, 12:55
· Learn about regulatory pathways for the registration of new antimicrobial agents:
· Mair Powell, Senior clinical assessor, MHRA - Day 2, 9:50
Evaluate the latest incentives and funding solutions to spur drug discovery:
· Mark Albrecht, Health Scientist, HHS/ASPR/BARDA - Day 1, 9:55
· Adrian Towse, Director, Office of Health Economics - Day 2, 10:30
Explore the latest novel alternatives to antibiotics currently in development:
· Cara Cassino, Chief Medical Officer, ContraFect - Day 2, 15:10
· Stephen Barat, Head of Pre-Clinical and Early Clinical Development, SCYNEXIS Inc - Day 2, 16:20
· Ian Henderson, Professor of Microbial Biology, University Of Birmingham - Day 2, 17:00
View the programme, speaker line-up, and book to attend at http://www.superbugssuperdrugs.com/prcom.
Superbugs & Superdrugs Team look forward to welcoming you next week to what is shaping up to be another successful show.
+44 (0)20 7827 6000
LinkedIn – Search "SMi Pharma"
Twitter - @SMIpharm #smibugs
Superbugs & Superdrugs Conference | 19 - 20 March 2018 | London, UK