London, United Kingdom, May 24, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- The conference will be led by scientists and clinicians researching, developing and testing new treatments for genetically inherited and acquired diseases, using gene delivery technology, stem cell manipulation and DNA repair techniques. Hear from the MHRA, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult, Adverum Biotech, AstraZeneca, UCL and more.
Day 1 Opening Address: "Mitigating the immunogenicity of AAV gene therapy vectors with tolerogenic nanoparticles"
Cellular and humoral immunity against AAV can affect the safety and efficacy of gene therapy and the ability to re-treat patients later in life. Selecta Biosciences have developed synthetic vaccine particles encapsulating rapamycin (SVP-Rapamycin) that have been shown to mitigate immunogenicity against a variety of biologic drugs by inducing tolerogenic dendritic cells and antigen-specific regulatory T cells.
Kei Kishimoto, Chief Scientific Officer, Selecta Biosciences will present pre-clinical data demonstrating the ability of SVP-Rapamycin to inhibit the formation of anti-AAV antibodies and share data from an ongoing clinical trial of SVP-Rapamycin combined with a therapeutic enzyme.
Download the brochure online for full details.
Benefit from key industry leaders in the fastest growing department within R&D.
Chair for 2018: Pamela Tranter, Head of Translational Research Group, UCL
Expert Speaker Line-up:
- Janet Glassford, Senior Quality Assessor (Biologicals), MHRA
- Giuseppe Ronzitti, Cell and Gene Therapy Specialist, Genethon
- Kei Kishimoto, Chief Scientific Officer, Selecta Biosciences
- Shailesh Gupta, Senior Scientist, AstraZeneca
- Peggy Sotiropoulou, R&D Manager, Research and Development, Celyad
- Julie Kerby, Head of Manufacturing Development, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
- Lior Raviv, Vice President Development, Pluristem
- Diego Aridgo, R&D Rare Disease Unit Head, Chiesi
- Mehdi Gasmi, Chief Science and Technology Officer, Adverum Biotech
- Emanuela Cuomo, Associate Director, Discovery Sciences, Cellular Biology Team, AstraZeneca
- Yen Choo, Founder and Executive Chairman, Plasticell
- Ian McKay, Innovation Lead Advanced Therapies, Innovate UK
Don’t Miss...Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops – Hosted by LucidQuest and Advanced Therapies Consultancy.
For those looking to attend there is currently a £400 early-bird saving, ending May 31st.
Further information is available at: www.cellandgeneconference.com/prc
SMi presents the Launch of:
Cell & Gene Therapy 2018
Date: 10th – 11th May 2018
Workshops: 9th May 21018
Location: Copthorne Tara Hotel, London UK
For all media inquiries contact Pavan Solanki on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6048 / Email: email@example.com
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk