London, United Kingdom, June 27, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- SMi is proud to announce the return of the long-running Military Airlift and Air-To-Air Refuelling conference to Rome, Italy on the 4th and 5th December 2018, with a brand-new pre-conference focus day on Air-Air Refuelling on the 3rd December 2018.
The airlift sector in constant development, with more than 800 new platforms set to be delivered at a combined value of over $65 billion in the next 10 years. The need to transport troops, cargo, medical supplies, vehicles and other mission-critical equipment remains fundamental to any defence force that aims to deploy globally. The importance of ready rapid response to ensure these forces can be mobilised and moved quickly is crucial for any expeditionary operation.
Sustaining and maintaining this air mobility feeds into the second aspect of this important event. Air-to-air refuelling remains vital in delivering extended flight time for both transport and strike components of an air force, without which extended aerial deployments would simply not be possible.
This year’s two-day conference key focuses include:
· Forward basing and expeditionary operations
· International operability
· Airlift platform acquisition
· Air-to-air refuelling
· Pooling and sharing
· Tactical, humanitarian and strategic airlift
Snapshot of 2018 featured speakers and their respective presentations:
· Major General (Select) Laurent Marboeuf, Senior Officer, European Air Transport Command, briefing on: The European Air Transport Command’s Solutions to Strategic Transport
· Colonel Olivier Fabre, Commanding Officer, Air Mobility Command, French Air Force, briefing on: Successes of French Air Mobility Command in Providing Strategic Flexibility
· Colonel James Sparrow, Vice Commander of the Strategic Airlift Capability, Heavy Airlift Wing, briefing on: An Introduction to the Heavy Airlift Wing – Building Strategic Partnerships
· Mr Andrew Ellson, Cockpit and Operations Officer, A400M Programme Division, OCCAR, briefing on: Airlift Versatility: How the A400M Meets Competing Requirements for Modern Operations
For more information, visit the event website to download the latest brochure, view the full speaker line up and book your place: http://www.military-airlift.com/prcom
Bookings made by 31st July will be eligible for a £400 early bird discount, visit the website for more details.
19th Annual Military Airlift and Air-To-Air Refuelling
Conference: 4th and 5th December 2018
Focus Day: 3rd December 2018
Gold Sponsor: Airbus and Boeing
Sponsored by: IRVINGQ, JBTC, Jetex, Leonardo, SHZ Aviation, TLD Group and Viasat
To sponsor, speak or exhibit at Military Airlift and Air-To-Air Refuelling 2018, please contact Sadia Malick at email@example.com
Military, government and public-sector rates available. For more information and for delegate queries, please contact James Hitchen at firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk