Hillsboro, OR, July 11, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Edupliance announces a webinar titled, “Form 941 Compliance” which will discuss correcting errors using Form 941-X including determining when to file, whether to file for an adjustment or a claim for refund, and how to handle retroactive reclassification of workers.
The event goes live on Wednesday, July 11, from 01:30 PM to 02:30 PM, EST / 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM PST.
Form 941, and the related Form 941X used to correct a previously filed Form 941, present special compliance and reconciliation issues. Correction of prior return errors on a 941 can be challenging and subject to strict deadlines to avoid incurring penalties or interest charges. This webinar covers the fundamental aspects of Form 941 including when to use Form 943, Form 944, or Form 945 instead of Form 941.
The 60-minute webinar will be conducted by Pat Haggerty, a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant.
Webinar attendees will learn:
• Form 941 - Related Forms 944, 943, and 945
• Form 941 fundamentals - A walk through Form 941
• Taxable wages and why the amounts are different for different taxes
• Reporting tax amounts - Rounding errors in Social Security and Medicare Tax Amounts
• How to reconcile the Forms 941 with the Forms W2
• Tax deposit requirements - How to determine your deposit schedule
• Tips for completing the Schedule B-liability dates vs. deposit dates
• Tips to balance Form 941 and Schedule B to the penny-as required by the IRS
• What to do if you discover an error in deposits for the quarter when completing the Form 941
• Using the 941X form to correct the Form 941 - A walk through Form941X
• Reporting error discovery date and the quarter to be corrected
• Certifications and employee statements required for refunds
• Reporting adjustments due to worker reclassification
To register for the webinar, visit https://www.edupliance.com/webinar/form-941-compliance?utm_source=pr&utm_medium=hr.com
Edupliance is an online information provider which offers webinars (Live and On-Demand), DVD’s and downloadable resources that cover concurrent topics pertaining to various industries. With an expert panel of guest speakers, Edupliance brings state-of-the-art virtual technology solutions and industry-leading training sessions that are easy to learn, easily accessible and cater to people with varied interests. Edupliance is privately held and located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
For more information, visit