Washington, DC, July 26, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Geospatial Intelligence continues to remain a crucial factor in military and government decision-making. Currently, GEOINT is experiencing elevated relevance due to the combination of open source applications being used to process and exploit this data. The landscape has shifted from relying heavily on classified sensitive information, to relying on commercial data extracted from several sources, such as satellite imagery & sensor imaging.
The NGA has been working to close its technical gaps through multiple new contracts with private satellite and open source analytics/automation providers. Considering the advantages brought about by implementing artificial intelligence, augmentation, automation, and analysis tools, the DoD has emphasized an increased importance and reliance on acquiring these resources.
Due to the Department of Defense needs and the current initiatives being put forth, DSI seeks to foster a conversation that will expound upon solutions to common challenges faced by agencies and organizations that use GEOINT data at the GEOINT & Open Source Analytics Summit. This summit, to be held on September 18-19, 2018, will bring together attendees for two days of off-the-record discussions revolving around this year’s theme, “Advancing GEOINT Capability through Open Source Integration.”
The summit will offer 15 sessions lead by diverse senior leadership speakers including:
- Incorporating the Rapid Pace of Technological Innovation into NGA’s Current and Future Missions Speaker: Christy Monaco Director, Office of Ventures and Innovation, NGA
- Harnessing the Power of Unclassified Sources with NGA’s Pathfinder Program
Speaker: Chris Rasmussen, Program Manager, Unclassified GEOINT Pathfinder, NGA
- Leveraging the Commercial GEOINT Activity to Enhance Technological Capabilities
Speaker: Pete Muend, Commercial GEOINT Activity (CGA) Lead, National Reconnaissance Office
- Advancing Multi-Mission Maritime Intelligence and Situational Awareness
Speaker: CAPT Patrick Schreiber, USCG, Commanding Officer, Coast Guard Intelligence Coordination Center (ICC)
- Partnering with Commercial Agencies to Bring Silicon Valley Capabilities to the Warfighter
Speaker: COL David Robinson, USA, Army Service Lead, DIUx
- Army’s OSINT Initiatives and Current Technological Gaps in GEOINT Collection
Speaker: Victor Robles, Chief, Army OSINT Program, HQDA G-2
- Providing the US Army with Technical Intelligence to Make Accurate on the Ground Decisions
Speaker: LTC Shannon Helberg, USA Commander, Army GEOINT Battalion, National Ground Intelligence Center
- Employing GEOINT to Support the Current and Future Direction of the DIA
Speaker: David Wrubel, Chief, Integrated Analysis and Methods Division, DIA
Seating is limited –
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and state personnel attend complimentary. Those interested in participating in the GEOINT & Open Source Summit can visit Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://geoint.dsigroup.org/
Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions, contact Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 201-266-0058.