This Year's CA Vegetarian Food Festival Presented by U.S. Veg Corp is Bringing a Bevy of Incredible Chefs Under One Roof
The CA Vegetarian Food Festival, presented by U.S. Veg Corp, has a line-up of chefs that are not to be missed this year. This is the perfect opportunity to learn from the chefs themselves how to cook their amazing plant-based dishes. The festival is returning to Raleigh Studios in Hollywood on September 29th and 30th from 10am-5pm each day. Full event line-up can be found at www.cavegfoodfest.com.
A sampling of the chefs doing food demonstration on the festival's Pear Stage are:
· Chef Eleni Simos, known as the Clean Eating Chick, will demo her "avocado pesto over zoodles" and her signature "sweet potato noodles with creamy almond sauce."
· Auset Selassie graduated from the Culinary Institute of America, then traveled through Italy and France to learn those cuisines. In New York, she worked as a private chef and became a certified Health Coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She has also worked in fine dining and Michelin Star restaurants across the globe.
· Chef AJ, is the host of the television series Healthy Living with CHEF AJ which airs on Food TV. She is the creator of the Ultimate Weight Loss Program, and of Healthy Taste of LA, as well as the YouTube cooking show The Chef and the Dietitian. Formerly the executive pastry chef at Santé Restaurant, she is the author of the popular book Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight. Her latest book is The Secrets to Ultimate Weight Loss: A Revolutionary Approach to Conquer Cravings, Overcome Food Addiction and Lose Weight Without Going Hungry.
· Leslie Tarian, a certified Natural Chef through Bauman College in Berkeley, has worked as a line cook at the vegan restaurant, Millennium in Oakland, and is currently at Plant Food & Wine in Venice, California.
· Hannah Kaminsky, who has developed an international following for her delicious recipes and mouthwatering food photography at the award-winning blog BitterSweetBlog.com. She is the author of My Sweet Vegan, Vegan Desserts, Vegan à la Mode, and Easy as Vegan Pie.
· Chandra Lee, a holistic nutritionist, herbalist, alchemist, raw vegan chef, and spokesperson for Alkaline Living. Her company Organic Flava’s was founded in 2007. She holds a Master of Science in Nutrition from New York University, and completed the Dietetic Internship at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. She is also a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts in New York City, and certified as a chef.
· Kristen D’Amato, is the author of the plant-based, gluten-free cookbook Food for the Light Body, which emphasizes how our diet plays a key role in our healing. She has spent 20 years working professionally with food as medicine, using a revolutionary model she created called the Wheel of Whole Body Healing.
· Ayurvedic chef Om Rishikesh, specializes in cooking meals with detoxing spices and vegetables. Co-founder and executive chef of Cooking With Om LLC, he draws upon the traditional cooking of his Colombian roots, the culinary training he received within the Indian monastic setting, and as a sous-chef for Bhagavat Life.
· Kristina Carillo-Bucaram, a YouTube celebrity, raw vegan chef, and the author of The FullyRaw Diet. She is the founder and creator of FullyRaw, the Rawfully Organic Co-op, and FullyRaw Juice. A pioneer in the organic food co-operative movement.
· Joni Marie Newman, a long-time vegan and recipe developer. She is the founder of the blog JustTheFood.com and a cookbook author. Her books include The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions, The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet, and Vegans Go Nuts!
In addition to cooking demonstrations, the festival will offer keynote addresses by medical professionals, motivational coaches, an animal cruelty undercover investigator, and more. There will be a stage for musical entertainment as well as the Kumquat Kids Area featuring family-friendly activities.
Additionally, there will be exhibitors showcasing everything from vegan snacks and entrees to drinks and desserts, and from cruelty-free skin care products to vegan clothing. Several non-profit animal organizations will be on hand to distribute information about their activities.
The festival is presented by U.S. Veg Corp, a 7-year-old company which also produces festivals in New York and Arizona. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.cavegfoodfest.com/.