Alexandria, VA, October 17, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- Directed energy weapons have long since been a staple across the DoD and Federal Government R&D institutions over the past decades, and due to critical technological maturation, a number of Military DE programs are showing great promise. The current forward leaning posture of DE weapons across the DoD has grown in popularity over the past months, and many strides have been made to integrate DE as a warfighting tool in support of National security needs and the Warfighter.
In support of the DoD Directed Energy initiatives, Defense Strategies Institute has put together the Directed Energy Day, which will provide a forum to discuss the efforts to develop and leverage DE technologies in support of U.S. national security needs and battlefield overmatch. The 2nd Annual Directed Energy Day will be held on November 15, 2018, at the Mary M. Gates Learning Center in Alexandria, VA. This symposium will provide a unique viewpoint on the rapidly evolving DE policy, technology development, funding requirements, acquisition strategies, and what these changes mean for the future force.
The collaborative one-day agenda includes 15 diverse senior leadership speakers. This year’s speakers are:
- Dr. Thomas J. Karr, Assistant Director of Defense for Directed Energy, Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- William P. Bray, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Navy Research, Development, Test & Evaluation Department of the Navy
- Keith Englander, SES, Director for Engineering, Missile Defense Agency
- Michael Holthe, Director for Lethality, ASA (ALT)/ODASA Research & Technology
- David Law, Technology Division Chief, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate
- Col Michael E. Thompson, Chief, Advanced Weapons Systems Division, Air Combat Command, United States Air Force
- Dr. Sean Ross, AFRL Directed Energy Liaison, SAF/AQR
- LTC Yusef Good, USA, Deputy Director, JLaSE Joint Test, NSWC Dahlgren
- Colonel Rey Masinsin, USMC (Ret.), Former Director, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate
- Randy Woods, Active Denial Project Manager, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate
- Scott Griffiths, Engineer, Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military, government and state personnel attend complimentary. Those interested in participating in the Directed Energy Day can visit Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://directedenergy.dsigroup.org/
Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions, contact Morgan Colfax at email@example.com, 201-266-0058.
Summit is closed to press / No recordings