Pompano Beach, FL, November 06, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- While Anytime Fitness doesn’t actually recommend burning your turkey to a crisp this Thanksgiving, the gym does recommend burning the turkey calories. The idea is to find fun and creative ways to combine exercise and holiday traditions. Anyone who posts a photo or video of themselves demonstrating how to burn Thanksgiving calories (with the hashtag #BurnTheTurkey), will be entered into a contest with a chance to win a free 12-month membership to Anytime Fitness.
For every hashtag used, Anytime Fitness will also donate one meal to Feeding America®.
This is the fourth consecutive year that Anytime Fitness has organized a #BurnTheTurkey contest. This year, the world’s largest gym chain hopes to donate more than 10,000 meals to people in need. In the United States, one out of every eight people struggle with hunger.
“Thanksgiving is such a great time of the year with so many delicious foods to enjoy,” said Cindy Frommer, owner of the Anytime Fitness gym in Pompano Beach, FL, “but sometimes, we enjoy them a little too much.”
According to the Calorie Control Council, the average American consumes 3,000 to 4,500 calories and a whopping 229 grams of fat during a typical Thanksgiving gathering. As a result, Anytime Fitness is committed to helping Americans work off some of those butter-laden mashed potatoes and pumpkin pies through humorous exercises. Here are a few examples:
· The Cranberry Curl: Work those biceps by doing curls with cans of cranberry sauce. No sugar needed.
· The Gravy Pour: Bend your body to form a handle and a spout. Hold. Rest. Repeat.
· The Whip: Kick it into high gear while hand-whipping your favorites like stuffing and mashed potatoes. People will enjoy watching you whip.
· Small Talk Wall Sits: Stuck talking with your overly enthusiastic aunt? Pass the time by doing wall sits and listening intently to every word she says.
· Couch Plank-Outs: You don’t even need to get off the couch for this one, or take your eyes off the football game. Score bragging rights by planking during each timeout.
· Lunging Around: Show your guests how important they are by lunging toward them as you deliver a tray of drinks and desserts. Everyone will think this is completely normal, and your quads will thank you.
To be eligible for the free 12-month member contest, photos and videos with the #BurnTheTurkey hashtag must be posted between November 12th and November 23rd.
“Anytime Fitness is focused on helping people get to a healthier place, well before they start making New Year’s resolutions,” said Frommer. “We are promoting the #BurnTheTurkey campaign to let people know it’s okay to indulge during Thanksgiving, while encouraging them to look for fun ways to burn some of those turkey calories.”
About Anytime Fitness
Ranked #12 on Entrepreneur’s prestigious Top Global Franchise list, Anytime Fitness is the fastest-growing gym franchise in the world, with more than 4,000 gyms serving nearly 4,000,000 members on five (soon to be all seven) continents. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Anytime Fitness prides itself on providing its members with convenient fitness options and friendly, personal service in well-maintained facilities which feature top-quality exercise equipment. Gyms are now open in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, The Republic of Ireland, Wales, Grand Cayman, Poland, the Netherlands, Spain, Qatar, India, Chile, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Belgium, Italy, Sweden and the Philippines. All franchised gyms are individually owned and operated. Join one gym and use them all.