Jamaica Plain, MA, March 25, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Red Sox Opening Day in Boston is April 8th and to celebrate, J.P. Licks is offering a free small cone or cup to patrons all day.
Stop by any of J.P. Licks’ seven homemade ice cream and coffee cafés in and around the Boston area any time during store hours on Home Opening Day for a free small cone or cup. Gear up for the season and try one of these special flavors in the spirit of the Sox, which are available for a limited time:
• Green Monster Tea- A version of the old Chinese Tradition but with more flavor and anti-oxidants.
• Rice Dice Kream- A new treat named for Dice Matsuzaka. Short grained rice made into a delectable rice pudding ice cream.
• One Sweet World Series- J.P. Licks’ traditional coffee ice cream loaded with heath bar crunch and swirls of caramel. A triple play of coffee, caramel, and heath bar. Go Sox!
• Manny's Mocha Chip- J.P. Licks’ own full strength coffee and chocolate mixed with yummy chocolate chips. Dedicated to one of the Red Sox's greatest hitters.
• Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Chip- A different kind of cookie dough ice cream with a peanut butter base rather than vanilla and big soft chips.
• Maple Butter Walnut is back.
• Raspberry Lime Sherbet- Raspberry puree and lime juice deliciously blended for a cool and refreshing treat.
• Black Cherry Lactose Free – Made with a lactose free base and big chunks of black cherries. Yummy.
• Fresh Lemon Sorbet - So refreshing. Back by popular demand.
• Chocolate Sorbet - A traditional sorbet, smooth and creamy for those who can not have dairy and loaded with cocoa powder…Tastes just like a “fudgicle.”
• Fresh Banana Low Fat yogurt - Fresh ripe bananas mixed with a low fat yogurt base.
The “Slider Sundae” has returned, made with your choice of a favorite ice cream and topping – a sure homerun. Or, enjoy a scrumptious Hot Butterscotch Sundae which is also back by popular demand.
J.P. Licks’ baked goodies selection for April include a White Chocolate Macadamia cookie, Triple Berry Muffin, Frosted Blueberry Scone, Banana Walnut Loaf.
J.P. Licks offers a variety of in-stock ice cream cakes for special occasions and holidays. All of J.P. Licks’ cakes are hand packed for a denser, heavier and more scrumptious cake. Cakes may also be special ordered with 48 hours notice.
J.P. Licks stores are located at:
Jamaica Plain, 659 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain, (617) 524-6740
Coolidge Corner, 311 Harvard Street, Brookline, (617) 738-8252
Davis Square, 4A College Ave, Somerville, (617) 666-5079
Newbury Street, 352 Newbury Street, Boston, (617) 236-1666
Newton Centre, 46 Langley Road, Newton Centre, (617) 244-0666
Mission Hill, 1618 Tremont Street, One Brigham Circle, Boston, (617) 566-6676
West Roxbury, 661 VFW Parkway, Chestnut Hill, (617) 325-1516
Visit www.jplicks.com to check store hours.
Best of Boston and Beyond
For more than 25 years, J.P. Licks has been serving homemade ice cream and other specialties in their seven Kosher-certified shops in and around Boston. Locally owned and operated, J.P. Licks has won many awards over the years for their intensely-flavored homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt. Most recently, J.P. Licks was named “Best of Boston” by Boston Magazine and also made WBZ’s “A-List” for the second year in a row. Known for their high quality, scrumptious treats and their knack for “treating people right”, J.P. Licks was named Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s “Small Business of the Year.”
In addition to their frozen creations, J.P. Licks has taken it upon themselves to roast their own fair trade and organic coffee beans on-site at their Jamaica Plain store, which ensures the best and the freshest, full-bodied cup of coffee around. Decadent hand-packed ice cream cakes as well as breakfast & ice cream sundae catering are also available.
Visit the website at www.jplicks.com for more information.