Fort Myers, FL, March 23, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A. will host the 27th Annual HR Law & Solutions on Friday, March 29, 2019 at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa. Florida Board Certified Civil Trial Expert Robert Shearman will moderate this annual seminar designed to update and educate business owners, managers, human resource professionals and in-house counsel on legal issues impacting the workplace.
Topics and speakers include:
- Love is in the Air: Best Practices for Handling the Consequences of Romance in the Workplace. Attorneys David Roos, Russell Whittle, and Scott Atwood will discuss multiple scenarios in which a workplace romance could potentially lead to legal claims, as well as the employer’s obligation to keep the workplace safe.
- Some Baggage Included: An Employer’s Guide to Hiring. Recruiting and maintaining a strong workforce is crucial to an organization’s success. Attendees will learn day-to-day hiring practices to safeguard an organization from potential risk, strategies to mitigate the volume and severity of claims, as well as learn of potential pitfalls for failing to apply best practices.
- Employment Law and Legislation Update. Attorneys Richard Akin and Kyle Dudek will provide an interactive update on notable court decisions, including cases addressing contentious employment policies and contract provisions, discrimination against protected classes of workers, as well as other noteworthy employee claims.
- Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter. Lee County Sheriff Staff Officer Scott Griffith will provide active shooter training. He will also explain what happens mentally and physically in these types of situations and how to use them to your advantage.
- HR Leadership Lessons from Hollywood. Guest Speaker Andy Masters creatively uses the magical imagery of Hollywood to help HR leaders develop and empower their organizations in this challenging era of having to “Do More With Less.”
Continuing education credit is available from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). Registration is $50 per person and includes a continental breakfast, plated lunch, and valet parking. For more information on the seminar or to register, visit http://www.henlaw.com/news-events/eventspage/hr-law-solutions-seminar/.
The conference is presented with the support of Sanibel Captiva Community Bank, Lykes Insurance, Advance Medical of Naples and Health Evolution, Commute with Enterprise, Charlotte County SHRM, SHRM SWFL, and HR Collier.
Henderson Franklin is celebrating 95th anniversary of serving the legal needs and communities of Southwest Florida. The firm is the largest, locally-based law firm between Tampa and Miami with 55 attorneys dedicated to providing a wide range of legal services in the areas of business and tax planning, estate planning, family law, business and civil litigation, eminent domain, intellectual property, workers' compensation, employment law, real estate, and land use and environmental law. Henderson Franklin operates offices in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and Naples. For more information on Henderson Franklin, please visit www.henlaw.com or contact Gail Lamarche, Director of Marketing and Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 239-344-1100.