Bend, OR, March 28, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application for RFID Journal LIVE! 2008, April 16-18, 2008 at The Venetian, Las Vegas. RFID Journal LIVE! is designed to meet the educational, buying and networking needs of executives and technologists in Retail/Consumer Goods, Defense/Aerospace, Health Care/Pharmaceutical and other important industries.
For RFID Journal LIVE! 2008, EventMingle has once again created a custom online community for their attendees, speakers, exhibitors and press called RFIDconnect. You can find it on the web at http://www.RFIDconnect.com.
RFIDconnect.com offers participants these features:
• Matching and Collaboration Tools – RFIDconnect will match attendees, speakers and exhibitors based on their personal profile and goals for the event. RFIDconnect promotes networking among all participants.
• Internal E-mail System – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors will use RFIDconnect's built-in e-mail system to communicate without revealing personal contact information.
• Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on location, title and interests. Attendees also can meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session or Exhibitor. Exhibitors can connect with attendees interested in their specific products and services, find Speakers who are covering their products and can also identify other Exhibitors who would make a good business partner.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current news releases and scheduled booth events. Exhibitors also can give attendees the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
• Press Center - Attendees can use the RFIDconnect portal to view all recent news releases from exhibiting companies.
• Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, news releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
• The Daily Planner – Participants will create a detailed to-do list they can take with them to the event. RFIDconnect becomes attendees’ personal assistant in helping them get organized for the event before leaving for the airport.
“RFID Journal LIVE! is a unique event in that it attracts a wide range of thought leaders—within both the end user and vendor communities—who are spearheading RFID adoption across many industries,” says Kim Ray, vice presidents of events, for RFID Journal. “We’re thrilled to re-new our partnership with EventMingle to offer the RFIDconnect networking tool to enable attendees, speakers and exhibitors to get more out of the event.”
“We’re very pleased to be working again with RFID Journal to build www.RFIDconnect.com for their attendees, speakers and exhibitors so they can start networking and planning their schedules now. Last year, RFIDconnect.com was used by 75.8% of the total participants, with over 400 people making specific introductions to people they might otherwise not had a chance to meet. It’s obvious with these type of usage rates, attendees of RFID Journal LIVE! want to meet, network and build their meeting schedules and task lists before arriving in Las Vegas. We couldn’t be happier to welcome all these participants back to EventMingle,” said Jim Harrer, co-founder of EventMingle.
About RFID Journal & RFID Journal LIVE! 2008
RFID Journal is the only independent media company devoted solely to radio frequency identification and its many business applications. RFID Journal’s mission: to help companies use RFID technology to improve the way they do business.
RFID Journal LIVE! is the world's largest conference and exhibition focused on radio frequency identification. It is designed to meet the educational, buying and networking needs of executives and technologists in Retail/Consumer Goods, Defense/Aerospace, Health Care/Pharmaceutical and other important industries being impacted by RFID adoption.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior, during and after the event. EventMingle improves networking among all participants while helping participants create an “action plan” prior to leaving for the event. EventMingle was launched in December 2005.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Bend, Oregon. See http://www.EventMingle.com for more info.
For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980