Montclair, NJ, May 29, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Co-chairs, Anju D. Jessani and Katherine Newcomer invite NJAPM members and the public to attend their fifth annual civil and divorce seminar, Leading Technology, Tools, and Techniques for Professional Mediators, on Saturday, June 15 from 8:15 AM to 4 PM at the Imperia in Somerset. New Jersey.
After a light breakfast and a welcome by president, Gabrielle Strich, their plenary session will include:
· John Sands: Strategies for a Successful Career in Mediation. John's clients include an impressive list including Major League Baseball, the NFL, the NHL, Fortune 500 companies, and governmental agencies.
· Colin Rule: The Current Status and the Future Online Dispute Resolution and Demonstration of ODR Tools. The guru of online dispute resolution, will talk about trends in ODR and will provide demonstrations of ODR tools.
· Lawrence R. Jones: Civil and Family Topics Ethics Presentation. Jones is a former NJ Superior Court Judge who retired in 2017. During his time on the bench, he wrote 62 opinions, endeavoring to fill gaps in case law.
Following a networking lunch, they will have concurrent afternoon interactive mediation workshops.
· What Attorneys/Parties want from Mediators and What You Should Want from Them with Felicia Farber, moderator, and panelists John Sands, Patricia Barasch, and Jed Marcus.
· How to Implement Free/Low Cost Technology Tools (including ODR) to Expand Your Mediation Practice with Colin Rule and Marvin Schuldiner.
· Life After the One-Third Alimony Rule of Thumb Died and Other Tax/Divorce Changes with David Carton and Tony Prinzo.
· 2019 Legal Update on Divorce Cases with Bruce Matez.
· 21st Century Solutions for Parenting, Especially When Parents Strive for 50/50 with Lynn Norcia, moderator, and panelists Bill Donahue, Joan Geiger, and Dr. Eileen Kohutis.
The early registration fee is $165 for members, $125 for students/government, and $185 for others until 5/31, so please register early and save. The seminar qualifies for 6.8 CPE/CLE credits including 1.0 ethics credit. APMs receive 5.66 NJAPM CE hours. The seminar meets the AOC’s 4.0 hour annual requirement for roster mediators. For more information or to register, please visit www.njapm.org.