Concord, NH, August 17, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Nine attorneys from the Concord law firm of Orr & Reno have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
Peter F. Burger, Robert S. Carey, William L. Chapman, Judith A. Fairclough, Susan S. Geiger, Margaret Kerouac, James E. Morris, Douglas L. Patch and George W. Roussos earned the distinction for a wide range of practice areas. This is the first year of recognition for Carey, while all other attorneys have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for multiple years.
Additionally, three Orr & Reno attorneys were selected as Concord's "Lawyer of the Year" for a specific practice area. This distinction is awarded to just a single attorney in each practice area in the community. "Lawyer of the Year" recipients include: Burger - Commercial Finance; Geiger - Energy Law; Roussos - Government Relations.
The Best Lawyers in America is considered the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States and inclusion is based on a confidential peer-review study by tens of thousands of lawyers. Lawyers are not permitted to pay a fee to be included in the listings, which were first published in 1983.
· Burger is selected in the practice areas of commercial finance law, corporate law and real estate law. He has been listed since 2005.
· Carey is selected in the practice areas of commercial litigation, criminal defense and land use and zoning litigation. This is his first year of recognition.
· Chapman is selected in the practice areas of appellate practice, litigation and First Amendment law. He has been listed since 1991.
· Fairclough is selected in the practice area of family law. She has been listed since 2009.
· Geiger is selected in the practice area of energy law. She has been listed since 2007.
· Kerouac is selected in the practice areas of arbitration, collaborative law, family law and family law mediation. She has been listed since 2016.
· Morris is selected in the practice areas of litigation and real estate law. He has been listed since 2005.
· Patch is selected in the practice area of energy law. He has been listed since 2005.
· Roussos is selected in the practice areas of administrative/regulatory law, government relations practice and insurance law. He has been listed since 2007.
About Orr & Reno
The trusted attorneys at Orr & Reno have been bringing sound judgment and a practical approach to New England’s legal challenges for over 70 years. One of New Hampshire's most respected law firms, Orr & Reno is a full-service commercial law firm serving clients in business, education, energy, health care, insurance, media, real estate, religious and nonprofit organizations, telecommunications and more. Orr & Reno was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Concord, NH. To learn more, visit www.orr-reno.com.