Hoboken, NJ, September 11, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Defense Strategies Institute is proud to announce the 7th annual EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium, occurring on November 6-7, 2019 at the Mary M. Gates Learning Center in Alexandria, VA. This year’s summit is designed to bring together a “whole of government” perspective to focus on the theme “Enhancing Domestic and International Counter-IED Capabilities & Training Support.”
DSI’s 2019 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will focus on the US’s whole of government approach to detecting, deterring and defeating the use of IED’s at home and abroad. The recent increasing use of IED’s not only pose a risk to warfighters, but to the international community and American civilians as well. Now more than ever, the US must remain vigilant in its effort to improve EOD, counter-IED and demining capabilities. Discussions at the summit will highlight the necessity of interagency and international cooperation and intelligence sharing to effectively counter IED threats.
The 2019 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will feature senior-level speakers including:
- MG Christopher Bentley, USA, Director, JIDO
- Lisa Swan, SES, Director, Counter Improvised Threat Technologies, DTRA
- Stephen Dowling, SES, Director, Counter WMD Technologies Department, DTRA
- Sean Haglund, Associate Director, Office for Bombing Prevention, DHS
- SSA Scott Sweetow, Acting Director, TEDAC, Deputy Director, ATF, FBI
- Mike Watson, Acting Director, US Bomb Data Center, ATF
- COL John Elder, USA, EOD Assistant Commandant, US Army Ordnance School
Compelling Topics to be Covered at the Summit Include:
- Advancing a Whole-of-Government Approach to Explosive Threat Mitigation
- Improving EOD Capabilities for the Warfighter to Counter the Growing Asymmetric Threat
- Leveraging International Partnerships in Counter IED Efforts
- Capitalizing on International Partnerships and Inter-Agency Information Sharing to Combat IED Threats
- Combatting the Evolving Use of Unmanned and Vehicle Borne IED Technologies
- Improving Threat Detection and Ordinance Disposal Capabilities
2019 Sponsors Include: IED Detection Systems, CISA, Stucan Solutions, ADS and NOVO Digital Radiography
DSI is now welcoming Sponsor and Exhibitors for the forum. To learn more please contact Monica McKenzie at email@example.com, 917-435-1266.
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military and government and state personnel attend complimentary. Those interested in participating in the 7th EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium can visit Defense Strategies Institute’s website at http://countermine.dsigroup.org/.
Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions contact Erica Noreika at firstname.lastname@example.org, 201-896-7802.