Hoboken, NJ, October 05, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- Defense Strategies Institute is proud to announce the 8th annual SOF & Worldwide Operations Symposium, previously The Special Operations and Irregular Warfare Symposium, taking place December 11-12, in Tampa, FL. This year’s symposium will feature discussions surrounding the growing challenges facing the global special operations community, highlighting this year’s theme “Special Operations in the Era of Great Power Competition.”
DSI’s 2019 SOF & Worldwide Operations Symposium will focus on current efforts underway to counter enemy efforts to undermine regional stability and US influence across the globe. To counter these efforts the United States must utilize capabilities from across the government and institutionalize its approach to irregular warfare. Discussions at the summit will highlight the critical need for the rapid acquisition and development of capabilities across the joint force in support of National Defense Strategies in the era of Great Power Competition.
The 2019 SOF & Worldwide Operations Symposium will feature senior-level speakers including:
- RADM H. Wyman Howard, Commander, SOCCENT
- Lisa Sanders, Director of Science and Technology, USSOCOM
- Special Envoy Lea Gabrielle, Special Envoy and Coordinator of the Global Engagement Center
- Damon Stevens, Deputy Director, Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning, National Counterterrorism Center
- COL Joshua H. Walker, Deputy Commanding Officer, Special Warfare Center and School
- Dr. Jonathan Schroden, Director, Special Operations Program, CNA
- Brian Dowdell, Director, Combating Terrorism Center, United States Military Academy
- Gabriel Grau, Senior Development Advisor, USAID Office of Civilian-Military Cooperation
Compelling Topics to be Covered at the Symposium Include:
- Ensuring US Special Operations Capabilities will Compete and Win in Today’s Complex National Security Environment
- Crafting Special Operations Strategies Capable of Meeting National Guidance
- Providing our Nation Options Around the World to Erode the Influence of our Adversaries
- Special Operations Forces Acquisition Modernization Requirements and Priorities for Growing Gray Zone Operations
DSI is now welcoming Sponsor and Exhibitors for the forum. To learn more please contact Thomas Engelman at email@example.com, 201-918-3477.
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military and government and state personnel attend complimentary. Those interested in participating in the 8th SOF & Worldwide Operations Symposium can visit Defense Strategies Institute’s website at http://SOF.dsigroup.org/.
Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions contact Erica Noreika at firstname.lastname@example.org, 201-896-7802.