Rome, Italy, November 13, 2019 --(PR.com
)-- In recent news from BBC, the Italian Coastguards and authorities found bodies of migrants who drowned at sea, after a boat capsized in rough seas off the island of Lampedusa.
With that in mind, thousands of migrants still attempt to cross the Mediterranean to Europe every year and in poor and adverse weather conditions, the death count continues to rise. EU member states are working on a temporary plan to quickly take people off boats in the Mediterranean and provisionally relocate them among countries willing to accommodate them.
SMi Group’s Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology conference will return for its 5th year, commencing on February 5-6, 2020 in Rome, Italy. As the only Maritime ISR meeting in Italy, it is a good opportunity to discuss and learn new capabilities from other European members on how to achieve comprehensive maritime domain awareness (MDA) for situations such as those that happened in Italy.
An early bird saving of £200 for bookings made by November 29 is available on the website. Register at www.maritime-recon.com/PRcom3
This year’s conference will explore how to achieve comprehensive MDA through: Space-based Technology, Unmanned Maritime Systems, Airborne Platforms & Operations, C4ISTAR, Hydrographic platforms and many more.
Featured leading European expert speakers include:
1. Rear Admiral Luigi Sinapi, Director of the Italian Hydrographic Institute, Italian Navy
2. Commodore Thomas Guy, Deputy Director, Combined Joint Operations from the Sea Centre of Excellence, Royal Navy
3. Brigadier General Carlos de Salas, Head C4ISR & Space Programs, Spanish Ministry of Defence
4. Colonel Henrik Kanstrup, Helicopter Wing Karup, Royal Danish Airforce
5. Colonel Jukka Hollstrom, Head, Mogadishu Field Office, European Union Capacity Building Mission in Somalia
6. Commander Graeme Smith, Maritime Warfare Centre Information Warfare Commander, Royal Navy
7. Commander Antonio Junior Belfiore, Naval Mine Warfare Staff Officer, NATO Centre of Excellence for operations in Confined and Shallow Water
8. Lieutenant Colonel Nikolaos Oikonomakis, Staff Officer, General Directorate for Defence Investments & Armanents, Hellenic Ministry of National Defence
9. Lieutenant Commander Stefan Lundqvist Phd, Military Lecturer and Researcher, Department of Military Studies, Swedish Defence University
10. Mr Phil Hanson, UK HM Coastguard Aviation Technical Assurance Manager, HM Maritime and Coastguard Agency
11. Mrs Maja Markovcic Kostelac, Executive Director, European Maritime Safety Agency
12. Mrs Francesca de Rosa, Data Knowledge and Operational Environment Scientist, NATO STO Centre for Maritime Research and Experimentation (CMRE)
13. Mr Vito Pesare, E.W. Expert, Former Italian Navy Warrant Officer, Italian Navy
14. Mr Vito d’amicis, Former Italian Navy Lieutenant, Specialist in EW, C4ISR, Intelligence & Communications, Italian Navy
15. Mr Guy Thomas, Director, C-SIGMA
The two-day agenda will also feature a pre-conference workshop taking place on Tuesday 4 February 2020. As space-based surveillance is amongst the most important means of monitoring the oceans today, we are delighted to partner with leading expert C-SIGMA to deliver an exclusive workshop on: S-AIS and C-SIGMA: Continuing to Evolve as the Cornerstones of Maritime Security.
The full event details and speaker line up is available to download from the event website at: www.maritime-recon.com/PRcom3
Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology
Conference: 5–6 February 2020
Workshop: 4th February 2020
Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter’s Hotel
Gold Sponsor: Orbital Micro Systems
Sponsor: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems | MAXAR
For sponsorship enquiries contact Justin Predescu on +44 (0) 207 827 6130 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any delegate enquiries contact Jamie Wilkinson on +44 (0) 207 827 6112 or email email@example.com
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk