Morristown, NJ, April 20, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Diversity Alliance for Science, Inc. (DA4S) (www.diversityallianceforscience.com) has announced panel sessions for its inaugural networking conference and expo scheduled for May 19-20 at the Westin Governors Morris in Morristown, N.J. The two-day event will focus on developing and integrating more minority, women and service-veteran disabled business owners into the life sciences space. The panel sessions will be part of a multi-track educational component that covers topics in pharmaceutical industry trends, diverse supplier development and supply chain management. The three panel discussions add to a confirmed list of event speakers from companies such as Merck & Co., Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, AMAR-International, Inc., UBC Strategic Solutions Group and Schering-Plough Corporation.
Below are brief descriptions of the three panel sessions and the related panelists. For more information on the panels, the participants and the conference, visit www.diversityallianceforscience.com.
Panel Discussion: The Importance of Diversity Certification
• Darlene Jenkins – President, Minority Supplier Development Council-PANJDE
• Lorraine Kelsey – Minority Business Development Association (MBDA)
• Amy Blaze – Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC/WPEO)
Panel Discussion: Increasing Access to Multi-Ethnic Patients in Clinical Research: Vendor Strategies and Solutions
• Audrey J. Whetsell – Co-Founder, Resource Partners, LLC Clinical Research Network
• Winston Price, M.D., FAAP – 105th President of the National Medical Association
• Evelyn L. Lewis, M.D., M.A., FAAFP – Medical Director for the Healthcare Policy, Pfizer, Inc.
• Kao T. Li, M.S., MBA – Founder, Executive Director of Quincy Asian Resources, Inc.
• Jann Keenan, Ed. S. – Creator of award-winning health education materials and design
• Rene Casanova, M.D. – practicing emergency medicine physician in Miami, Florida
Panel Discussion: Doing Business with Large Pharma
Facilitator: Sheri Shafir – Supplier Diversity Manager, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
• Kurt Kumetz – Contract Manager, U.S. Medical Outsourcing, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
• Lorenda Dasher – Associate Director, Contract Administration, U.S. Medical Outsourcing, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
• Robert DiRenzo – Global Category Manager, Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
The DA4S event will feature leaders from pharmaceuticals, government agencies, universities and contract research organizations addressing the needs for diversity in the life sciences industry. The comprehensive educational component, led by industry procurement, diversity and scientific leaders, will be held in the afternoon of May 19. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held at 9 a.m. on May 20, formally kicking off the corporate tradeshow portion of the conference. The corporate tradeshow will provide corporations an opportunity to meet top minority, women and service-veteran disabled business owners and suppliers of products ands services that support the clinical and scientific arena. Merck & Co., Inc. is the keynote sponsor for the event.
"The combined world-class expertise of these panelists and the diverse set of topic discussions make the educational component of our inaugural conference extremely appealing to diverse suppliers of all shapes and sizes,” said Leah Brown, Program co-chair of DA4S.
About Diversity Alliance for Science, Inc. (DA4S):
Diversity Alliance for Science, Inc. (DA4S) is a nonprofit organization aimed to provide pharmaceutical/bio-tech companies, academic medical centers and governmental agencies the ability to identify, develop, mentor and partner with woman, minority, veteran and disabled-owned enterprises (both large and small) in the life sciences industry. For more information, please visit www.diversityallianceforscience.com.
MMI Associates, Inc.
PR Firms Raleigh, NC